this will: rule
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: this will: rule
Hard at work on another album I won't enjoy?
I'll try not to do all the shit talking this time that I did when Crack The Skye was released. I was probably a little overboard then.
I'll try not to do all the shit talking this time that I did when Crack The Skye was released. I was probably a little overboard then.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: this will: rule
I don't think there is any way for this to be bad.
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: this will: rule
Huzzah!
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: this will: rule
[quote name="pulsar"]Hard at work on another album I won't enjoy?
I'll try not to do all the shit talking this time that I did when Crack The Skye was released. I was probably a little overboard then.
[/quote]
you make your own thread for bully shits then
this thread will remain pure and awed
I'll try not to do all the shit talking this time that I did when Crack The Skye was released. I was probably a little overboard then.
you make your own thread for bully shits then
this thread will remain pure and awed
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: this will: rule
[quote name="Dusto"]
[quote name="pulsar"]Hard at work on another album I won't enjoy?
I'll try not to do all the shit talking this time that I did when Crack The Skye was released. I was probably a little overboard then.
[/quote]
you make your own thread for bully shits then
this thread will remain pure and awed
[/quote]
I kin dig that, surr.
[quote name="pulsar"]Hard at work on another album I won't enjoy?
I'll try not to do all the shit talking this time that I did when Crack The Skye was released. I was probably a little overboard then.
you make your own thread for bully shits then
this thread will remain pure and awed
I kin dig that, surr.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: this will: rule
I was listening to some crack the skye this past weekend
. cant wait to hear what they come up with next, something tell me this will be rougher around the edges
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: this will: rule
[quote name="Dusto"]get 5k and then you can offer you incorrect mastodon opinions[/quote]
Hey thats just like my opinion man.
Hey thats just like my opinion man.

- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: this will: rule
The correct opinion is Leviathan 
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: this will: rule
[quote name="Nick"]The correct opinion is Leviathan
[/quote]
Never gelled with me
Never gelled with me

- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: this will: rule
i like me some blood mountain
[youtube]-MMFBmz2hAo[/youtube]
[youtube]-MMFBmz2hAo[/youtube]
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: this will: rule
remission is too back and forth with the short-long-short-long songs, though it is full of win riffs and tracks 1-4 are superb
leviathan has some real monsters (
) but doesn't truly take off for me until aqua dementia/hearts alive. also naked burn should be the second track and NOT the seventh. it sounds stupid in the seventh slot. megladon -> aqua dementia -> hearts alive makes much more sense and this is the way i had leviathan burned before actually purchasing it
blood mountain was the most complete all around record until crack the skye, drops off only a teensy bit with hand of stone/hunters from the sky, but is just chock full of absurd earthly win throughout. i have mostly gotten over the fact that it doesn't have a big 8-13 minute epic like every other mastodon album
crack the skye is a brilliant combination of clean licks and dirty screaming, and overflows with heart at every turn. the last baron alone would be worth the price of admission
oblivion is a masterpiece, divinations is wicked cool...the whole thing is intense focus and, just, tasty.
i am very interested to see what they do with #5 and hope they don't try to "heavy" it up for its own sake. maintain that focus mastodon
leviathan has some real monsters (
blood mountain was the most complete all around record until crack the skye, drops off only a teensy bit with hand of stone/hunters from the sky, but is just chock full of absurd earthly win throughout. i have mostly gotten over the fact that it doesn't have a big 8-13 minute epic like every other mastodon album
crack the skye is a brilliant combination of clean licks and dirty screaming, and overflows with heart at every turn. the last baron alone would be worth the price of admission
i am very interested to see what they do with #5 and hope they don't try to "heavy" it up for its own sake. maintain that focus mastodon
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: this will: rule
I agree entirely.
I listened to remission and crack the skye back to back and while remission comes close, i think CTS might have it. The last baron, the Czar, divinations all awesome. And yes Oblivion is a masterpiece as well as being the most accessible thing theyve ever put out.
Honestly, there are moments on Blood Mountain that seem soulless to me.
I listened to remission and crack the skye back to back and while remission comes close, i think CTS might have it. The last baron, the Czar, divinations all awesome. And yes Oblivion is a masterpiece as well as being the most accessible thing theyve ever put out.
Honestly, there are moments on Blood Mountain that seem soulless to me.

- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: this will: rule
only tracks 8 & 9 i think, and i'm not even sure why. that album cruises along good until colony of birchmen ends. and then picks back up with this mortal soil which is top five incredible 
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
Re: this will: rule
[quote name="Nick"]The correct opinion is Leviathan
[/quote]
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: this will: rule
Ninny 
- Ninny
- Metal God
- Posts: 16107
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
- Location: Groaningagain
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: this will: rule
Crack The Skye has this song on it
[youtube]1vGsUQqpByI[/youtube]
It is therefor my favourite album of theirs.
[youtube]1vGsUQqpByI[/youtube]
It is therefor my favourite album of theirs.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: this will: rule
It's deceptively simple too. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, I just find it interesting. In fact it's a testament to their skill as songwriters.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]