this will: rule

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

this will: rule

Post by agony bagony »

Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: this will: rule

Post by Abzu »

Hard at work on another album I won't enjoy?



I'll try not to do all the shit talking this time that I did when Crack The Skye was released. I was probably a little overboard then. :shake:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: this will: rule

Post by droidspawn »

I don't think there is any way for this to be bad.
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: this will: rule

Post by Ninny »

:ba:
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: this will: rule

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Huzzah!
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: this will: rule

Post by agony bagony »

[quote name="pulsar"]Hard at work on another album I won't enjoy?



I'll try not to do all the shit talking this time that I did when Crack The Skye was released. I was probably a little overboard then. :shake:[/quote]



you make your own thread for bully shits then



this thread will remain pure and awed :sicken:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: this will: rule

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Dusto"]
[quote name="pulsar"]Hard at work on another album I won't enjoy?



I'll try not to do all the shit talking this time that I did when Crack The Skye was released. I was probably a little overboard then. :shake:[/quote]



you make your own thread for bully shits then



this thread will remain pure and awed :sicken:[/quote]

I kin dig that, surr.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: this will: rule

Post by Hugo. »

Crack the Skye is a good mastodon album.
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: this will: rule

Post by agony bagony »

*the best
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: this will: rule

Post by droidspawn »

correct
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: this will: rule

Post by Hugo. »

It's a toss up between that and Remission for me.
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: this will: rule

Post by agony bagony »

get 5k and then you can offer you incorrect mastodon opinions
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: this will: rule

Post by rhino »

I was listening to some crack the skye this past weekend :idea: . cant wait to hear what they come up with next, something tell me this will be rougher around the edges
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: this will: rule

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Dusto"]get 5k and then you can offer you incorrect mastodon opinions[/quote]



Hey thats just like my opinion man.
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: this will: rule

Post by agony bagony »

:evil:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: this will: rule

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

The correct opinion is Leviathan :greenie:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: this will: rule

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Nick"]The correct opinion is Leviathan :greenie:[/quote]



Never gelled with me :brushteeth:
Image
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: this will: rule

Post by rhino »

i like me some blood mountain



[youtube]-MMFBmz2hAo[/youtube]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: this will: rule

Post by Hugo. »

Blood mountain is good, but lacks the soul of crack the skye.
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: this will: rule

Post by agony bagony »

remission is too back and forth with the short-long-short-long songs, though it is full of win riffs and tracks 1-4 are superb



leviathan has some real monsters ( :redneck: ) but doesn't truly take off for me until aqua dementia/hearts alive. also naked burn should be the second track and NOT the seventh. it sounds stupid in the seventh slot. megladon -> aqua dementia -> hearts alive makes much more sense and this is the way i had leviathan burned before actually purchasing it



blood mountain was the most complete all around record until crack the skye, drops off only a teensy bit with hand of stone/hunters from the sky, but is just chock full of absurd earthly win throughout. i have mostly gotten over the fact that it doesn't have a big 8-13 minute epic like every other mastodon album



crack the skye is a brilliant combination of clean licks and dirty screaming, and overflows with heart at every turn. the last baron alone would be worth the price of admission :xx: oblivion is a masterpiece, divinations is wicked cool...the whole thing is intense focus and, just, tasty.



i am very interested to see what they do with #5 and hope they don't try to "heavy" it up for its own sake. maintain that focus mastodon :shake:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: this will: rule

Post by Hugo. »

I agree entirely.



I listened to remission and crack the skye back to back and while remission comes close, i think CTS might have it. The last baron, the Czar, divinations all awesome. And yes Oblivion is a masterpiece as well as being the most accessible thing theyve ever put out.



Honestly, there are moments on Blood Mountain that seem soulless to me.
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: this will: rule

Post by agony bagony »

only tracks 8 & 9 i think, and i'm not even sure why. that album cruises along good until colony of birchmen ends. and then picks back up with this mortal soil which is top five incredible :thingy:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: this will: rule

Post by Hugo. »

Yeah i had forgotten about that until ryan posted it :blush:
Image
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: this will: rule

Post by Ninny »

[quote name="Nick"]The correct opinion is Leviathan :greenie:[/quote]
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: this will: rule

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Ninny :xx:
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Ninny
Metal God
Posts: 16107
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:24
Location: Groaningagain

Re: this will: rule

Post by Ninny »

:greenie:
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: this will: rule

Post by Devy »

Crack The Skye has this song on it



[youtube]1vGsUQqpByI[/youtube]



It is therefor my favourite album of theirs.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: this will: rule

Post by agony bagony »

that song is some serious winning riffage
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: this will: rule

Post by Devy »

It's deceptively simple too. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, I just find it interesting. In fact it's a testament to their skill as songwriters.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
Post Reply