Onward to Golgotha

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Onward to Golgotha

Post by jawn galliano »

Let's all beat a dead horse and circle-jerk to how utterly amazing this album is. Eternal Torture in particular is just mindblowingly intense, simply one of the finest death metal tracks ever crafted.
User avatar
Drum Solo
Member
Posts: 303
Joined: 23 Apr 2011, 19:28

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Drum Solo »

I really need to give this album another try. I've given it several chances in the past, but for some reason Blasphemous Cremation is the only track that ever stood out. Good listening over all, but not the gold standard of excellence so many people advertise it as.



On the other hand, Diabolical Conquest has been a personal favorite since the first time I spun it.
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Hallucinating dead »

My favorite album of one of my most favorite old school death band :xx:



finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come :bang:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Lavabug »

I never got what the big deal about this band was. Whenever I listened to them I felt the temptation to go spin Immolation's dawn of possession.
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

Onward is one of the best DM albums of all time!



Devoured Death, Golgotha, Rotting Spiritual Embodiment :xx:
User avatar
Drum Solo
Member
Posts: 303
Joined: 23 Apr 2011, 19:28

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Drum Solo »

[quote name="Lavabug"]I never got what the big deal about this band was. Whenever I listened to them I felt the temptation to go spin Immolation's dawn of possession.[/quote]



I've noticed the similarity too, except they eventually branched off. Immolation got to be more stoppy-starty, while Incantation remained more of a dark, sludgy outfit. Listen to 2:15+ because it's outstanding, especially for the "Impurity, domination, ever-enduring darkness I long for..." part.



<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd3AZX2UXKg<!-- m -->
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by ^_____________^ »

I've never really liked NYDM that much, I'm a Swedish oriented type of hard-on bearer. This thread inspired me to spin some Incantation though, and It's better than I remember.



Although no one shall de-throne Autopsy. :thingy:
User avatar
vega
Metal God
Posts: 6028
Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
Location: spain

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by vega »

[quote name="lavaGhoul"]My favorite album of one of my most favorite old school death band :xx:



finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come :bang:[/quote]







incantation website is saying they will playing in darjeeling? what?? :shakefist:
Image
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Hallucinating dead »

[quote name="carpet_salesman"]
[quote name="lavaGhoul"]My favorite album of one of my most favorite old school death band :xx:



finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come :bang:[/quote]







incantation website is saying they will playing in darjeeling? what?? :shakefist:[/quote]



they will be performing in a 3 day fest named Underground unleashed and only the north-eastern guys have that great dedication to do something that big in India.
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
vega
Metal God
Posts: 6028
Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
Location: spain

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by vega »

[quote name="lavaGhoul"]
[quote name="carpet_salesman"]
[quote name="lavaGhoul"]My favorite album of one of my most favorite old school death band :xx:



finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come :bang:[/quote]







incantation website is saying they will playing in darjeeling? what?? :shakefist:[/quote]



they will be performing in a 3 day fest named Underground unleashed and only the north-eastern guys have that great dedication to do something that big in India.[/quote]



I know about fest also but why they cant come to the other big cities? like delhi, mumbai, bangalore etc?

there are many metal guys in north east but also they are in the other parts of india. (but north east guys here you will see mostly in the techno clubs :redneck: )
Image
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Hallucinating dead »

You dont have the idea about the scene in north east. even the CM is a classical rock fan.



And dargeeling is way better than those concrete cities. Its the best place for a metal fest, imo. Metal with the real green :xx:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by droidspawn »

mortal throne of nazarene :thingy:
User avatar
vega
Metal God
Posts: 6028
Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
Location: spain

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by vega »

[quote name="lavaGhoul"]You dont have the idea about the scene in north east. even the CM is a classical rock fan.



And dargeeling is way better than those concrete cities. Its the best place for a metal fest, imo. Metal with the real green :xx:[/quote]



real green = tea? :huh:

because darjeeling is only full of tea :santa:
Image
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Hallucinating dead »

:frown:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by FUKKET »

I always thought they sounded heaps like Immolation, just with lower vocals
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Skincision"]for some reason incantation are one of those bands i have always seemed to overlook. this will change in the near future.[/quote]



I never saw the attraction to this band.



Also, kyle from incantation has a moustache.
Image
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by FUKKET »

[quote name="winburger"]
[quote name="Skincision"]Also, kyle from incantation has a moustache.[/quote][/quote]



:greenie:



"He's got a mousTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHE"
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="FUKKET"] :greenie: [/quote]
Image
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Devy »

[quote name="Skincision"]for some reason incantation are one of those bands i have always seemed to overlook. this will change in the near future.[/quote]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by agony bagony »

i am unfamiliar with the album under discussion here but if it is an incantation album then i will refer you to a certain infamous anal cunt song
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

[quote name="Dusto"]i am unfamiliar with the album under discussion here but if it is an incantation album then i will refer you to a certain infamous anal cunt song[/quote]



Kyle does not play on this album, but the title is hilarious :idea:
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Devy »

It appears they're playing on this festival thing at the end of the week. I shall stand in front of them and listen to their sounds, then judge them. It won't be boobjudgement though. Actually, I'll decide at the time.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by jawn galliano »

i have no idea what they sound like live these days, or what material they're going to be playing. everything i listened to after diabolical conquest got kinda samey and boring, but the first few are well worth investigating :idea:
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="Derek Waters"]i have no idea what they sound like live these days, or what material they're going to be playing. everything i listened to after diabolical conquest got kinda samey and boring, but the first few are well worth investigating :idea:[/quote]

I saw them live in '05 with Hate Eternal in NY, sounded pretty good I guess. It happened to be highschool graduation day for me, god damn does time fly.



They also played in these remote canary isles once but I sarded.
User avatar
Uros
Member
Posts: 459
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 04:34
Location: away from IDI
Contact:

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Uros »

Those of the posters that claim they are similar sounding to Immolation should try to listen much harder. They hardly have any similarities, except for maybe Immolation's first album, 'Dawn of Possession'. The difference today is even bigger than in the past.

I saw Incantation live once. Along with this one Maiden show, it was the single worst show I have ever attended. They played alright, but without any spirit involved. That said, I really like 'Onward to Golgotha' and 'Decimate Christendom'. Killer and original stuff, especially the former.
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Lavabug »

[quote name="Uros"]

Killer and original stuff, especially the former.[/quote]

Definitely not the latter for sure. To me they always sounded like Immolation with half the inspiration. That said they have a few standout "singles".
User avatar
Uros
Member
Posts: 459
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 04:34
Location: away from IDI
Contact:

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Uros »

Disagreed. They shoot for a different kind of atmosphere. Also, they are nowhere near dissonant comparing to Immolation. I do see them as 'brother bands' (correct term?), but that is given considering they are friends, come from the same state and that they both had Craig Smilowski behind the drumkit at one point in their careers. Not one of my faves, but those aforementioned are cool, especially 'Golgotha'.
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Hallucinating dead »

I dont find any similarity. Plus incantation has more doom elements. Mortal throne of nazarene is great death/doom master-piece.



Immolation is more a technical band. Ive never found the evilness in it which other old school death bands have.

Ive never considered immolation as old school other than the 1st album.



Incantation has great evil atmosphere plus all of there are albums are fuckin old school :xx:



you cant call them similar just because they both are from NY and both start with I and ends with N :frown:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
vega
Metal God
Posts: 6028
Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
Location: spain

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by vega »

immolation close to a world below sounds little bit doom not the fullon blasting death metal. a very evil sound that again we will not hear on nowadays death metal. :grim:
Image
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

Incantation is one of those band that you don't really get into by the moment you hear the them, maybe the third time :idea:



[youtube]gcPVF2jd6X0[/youtube]



[youtube]RCetF8PPPbQ[/youtube]



[youtube]6dRTO_yTs-4[/youtube]
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Onward to Golgotha

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

I only own one and I can't remember what the hell it is
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
Post Reply