Onward to Golgotha
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Onward to Golgotha
Let's all beat a dead horse and circle-jerk to how utterly amazing this album is. Eternal Torture in particular is just mindblowingly intense, simply one of the finest death metal tracks ever crafted.
- Drum Solo
- Member
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 23 Apr 2011, 19:28
Re: Onward to Golgotha
I really need to give this album another try. I've given it several chances in the past, but for some reason Blasphemous Cremation is the only track that ever stood out. Good listening over all, but not the gold standard of excellence so many people advertise it as.
On the other hand, Diabolical Conquest has been a personal favorite since the first time I spun it.
On the other hand, Diabolical Conquest has been a personal favorite since the first time I spun it.
- Hallucinating dead
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
- Location: higher place
Re: Onward to Golgotha
My favorite album of one of my most favorite old school death band
finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come
finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: Onward to Golgotha
I never got what the big deal about this band was. Whenever I listened to them I felt the temptation to go spin Immolation's dawn of possession.
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Onward is one of the best DM albums of all time!
Devoured Death, Golgotha, Rotting Spiritual Embodiment
Devoured Death, Golgotha, Rotting Spiritual Embodiment
- Drum Solo
- Member
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 23 Apr 2011, 19:28
Re: Onward to Golgotha
[quote name="Lavabug"]I never got what the big deal about this band was. Whenever I listened to them I felt the temptation to go spin Immolation's dawn of possession.[/quote]
I've noticed the similarity too, except they eventually branched off. Immolation got to be more stoppy-starty, while Incantation remained more of a dark, sludgy outfit. Listen to 2:15+ because it's outstanding, especially for the "Impurity, domination, ever-enduring darkness I long for..." part.
<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd3AZX2UXKg<!-- m -->
I've noticed the similarity too, except they eventually branched off. Immolation got to be more stoppy-starty, while Incantation remained more of a dark, sludgy outfit. Listen to 2:15+ because it's outstanding, especially for the "Impurity, domination, ever-enduring darkness I long for..." part.
<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd3AZX2UXKg<!-- m -->
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: Onward to Golgotha
I've never really liked NYDM that much, I'm a Swedish oriented type of hard-on bearer. This thread inspired me to spin some Incantation though, and It's better than I remember.
Although no one shall de-throne Autopsy.
Although no one shall de-throne Autopsy.
- vega
- Metal God
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
- Location: spain
Re: Onward to Golgotha
[quote name="lavaGhoul"]My favorite album of one of my most favorite old school death band
finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come
[/quote]
incantation website is saying they will playing in darjeeling? what??
finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come
incantation website is saying they will playing in darjeeling? what??

- Hallucinating dead
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
- Location: higher place
Re: Onward to Golgotha
[quote name="carpet_salesman"]
[quote name="lavaGhoul"]My favorite album of one of my most favorite old school death band
finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come
[/quote]
incantation website is saying they will playing in darjeeling? what??
[/quote]
they will be performing in a 3 day fest named Underground unleashed and only the north-eastern guys have that great dedication to do something that big in India.
[quote name="lavaGhoul"]My favorite album of one of my most favorite old school death band
finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come
incantation website is saying they will playing in darjeeling? what??
they will be performing in a 3 day fest named Underground unleashed and only the north-eastern guys have that great dedication to do something that big in India.
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
- vega
- Metal God
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
- Location: spain
Re: Onward to Golgotha
[quote name="lavaGhoul"]
[quote name="carpet_salesman"]
[quote name="lavaGhoul"]My favorite album of one of my most favorite old school death band
finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come
[/quote]
incantation website is saying they will playing in darjeeling? what??
[/quote]
they will be performing in a 3 day fest named Underground unleashed and only the north-eastern guys have that great dedication to do something that big in India.[/quote]
I know about fest also but why they cant come to the other big cities? like delhi, mumbai, bangalore etc?
there are many metal guys in north east but also they are in the other parts of india. (but north east guys here you will see mostly in the techno clubs
)
[quote name="carpet_salesman"]
[quote name="lavaGhoul"]My favorite album of one of my most favorite old school death band
finally some good band in India, Incantaion - here i come
incantation website is saying they will playing in darjeeling? what??
they will be performing in a 3 day fest named Underground unleashed and only the north-eastern guys have that great dedication to do something that big in India.[/quote]
I know about fest also but why they cant come to the other big cities? like delhi, mumbai, bangalore etc?
there are many metal guys in north east but also they are in the other parts of india. (but north east guys here you will see mostly in the techno clubs

- Hallucinating dead
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
- Location: higher place
Re: Onward to Golgotha
You dont have the idea about the scene in north east. even the CM is a classical rock fan.
And dargeeling is way better than those concrete cities. Its the best place for a metal fest, imo. Metal with the real green
And dargeeling is way better than those concrete cities. Its the best place for a metal fest, imo. Metal with the real green
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: Onward to Golgotha
mortal throne of nazarene 
- vega
- Metal God
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
- Location: spain
Re: Onward to Golgotha
[quote name="lavaGhoul"]You dont have the idea about the scene in north east. even the CM is a classical rock fan.
And dargeeling is way better than those concrete cities. Its the best place for a metal fest, imo. Metal with the real green
[/quote]
real green = tea?
because darjeeling is only full of tea
And dargeeling is way better than those concrete cities. Its the best place for a metal fest, imo. Metal with the real green
real green = tea?
because darjeeling is only full of tea

- Hallucinating dead
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
- Location: higher place
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: Onward to Golgotha
I always thought they sounded heaps like Immolation, just with lower vocals
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Onward to Golgotha
[quote name="Skincision"]for some reason incantation are one of those bands i have always seemed to overlook. this will change in the near future.[/quote]
I never saw the attraction to this band.
Also, kyle from incantation has a moustache.
I never saw the attraction to this band.
Also, kyle from incantation has a moustache.

- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: Onward to Golgotha
[quote name="winburger"]
[quote name="Skincision"]Also, kyle from incantation has a moustache.[/quote][/quote]
"He's got a mousTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHE"
[quote name="Skincision"]Also, kyle from incantation has a moustache.[/quote][/quote]
"He's got a mousTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHE"
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: Onward to Golgotha
[quote name="Skincision"]for some reason incantation are one of those bands i have always seemed to overlook. this will change in the near future.[/quote]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: Onward to Golgotha
i am unfamiliar with the album under discussion here but if it is an incantation album then i will refer you to a certain infamous anal cunt song
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: Onward to Golgotha
[quote name="Dusto"]i am unfamiliar with the album under discussion here but if it is an incantation album then i will refer you to a certain infamous anal cunt song[/quote]
Kyle does not play on this album, but the title is hilarious
Kyle does not play on this album, but the title is hilarious
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: Onward to Golgotha
It appears they're playing on this festival thing at the end of the week. I shall stand in front of them and listen to their sounds, then judge them. It won't be boobjudgement though. Actually, I'll decide at the time.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Onward to Golgotha
i have no idea what they sound like live these days, or what material they're going to be playing. everything i listened to after diabolical conquest got kinda samey and boring, but the first few are well worth investigating 
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: Onward to Golgotha
[quote name="Derek Waters"]i have no idea what they sound like live these days, or what material they're going to be playing. everything i listened to after diabolical conquest got kinda samey and boring, but the first few are well worth investigating
[/quote]
I saw them live in '05 with Hate Eternal in NY, sounded pretty good I guess. It happened to be highschool graduation day for me, god damn does time fly.
They also played in these remote canary isles once but I sarded.
I saw them live in '05 with Hate Eternal in NY, sounded pretty good I guess. It happened to be highschool graduation day for me, god damn does time fly.
They also played in these remote canary isles once but I sarded.
- Uros
- Member
- Posts: 459
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 04:34
- Location: away from IDI
- Contact:
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Those of the posters that claim they are similar sounding to Immolation should try to listen much harder. They hardly have any similarities, except for maybe Immolation's first album, 'Dawn of Possession'. The difference today is even bigger than in the past.
I saw Incantation live once. Along with this one Maiden show, it was the single worst show I have ever attended. They played alright, but without any spirit involved. That said, I really like 'Onward to Golgotha' and 'Decimate Christendom'. Killer and original stuff, especially the former.
I saw Incantation live once. Along with this one Maiden show, it was the single worst show I have ever attended. They played alright, but without any spirit involved. That said, I really like 'Onward to Golgotha' and 'Decimate Christendom'. Killer and original stuff, especially the former.
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
Re: Onward to Golgotha
[quote name="Uros"]
Killer and original stuff, especially the former.[/quote]
Definitely not the latter for sure. To me they always sounded like Immolation with half the inspiration. That said they have a few standout "singles".
Killer and original stuff, especially the former.[/quote]
Definitely not the latter for sure. To me they always sounded like Immolation with half the inspiration. That said they have a few standout "singles".
- Uros
- Member
- Posts: 459
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 04:34
- Location: away from IDI
- Contact:
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Disagreed. They shoot for a different kind of atmosphere. Also, they are nowhere near dissonant comparing to Immolation. I do see them as 'brother bands' (correct term?), but that is given considering they are friends, come from the same state and that they both had Craig Smilowski behind the drumkit at one point in their careers. Not one of my faves, but those aforementioned are cool, especially 'Golgotha'.
- Hallucinating dead
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
- Location: higher place
Re: Onward to Golgotha
I dont find any similarity. Plus incantation has more doom elements. Mortal throne of nazarene is great death/doom master-piece.
Immolation is more a technical band. Ive never found the evilness in it which other old school death bands have.
Ive never considered immolation as old school other than the 1st album.
Incantation has great evil atmosphere plus all of there are albums are fuckin old school
you cant call them similar just because they both are from NY and both start with I and ends with N
Immolation is more a technical band. Ive never found the evilness in it which other old school death bands have.
Ive never considered immolation as old school other than the 1st album.
Incantation has great evil atmosphere plus all of there are albums are fuckin old school
you cant call them similar just because they both are from NY and both start with I and ends with N
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
- vega
- Metal God
- Posts: 6028
- Joined: 10 Aug 2010, 22:33
- Location: spain
Re: Onward to Golgotha
immolation close to a world below sounds little bit doom not the fullon blasting death metal. a very evil sound that again we will not hear on nowadays death metal. 

- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: Onward to Golgotha
Incantation is one of those band that you don't really get into by the moment you hear the them, maybe the third time
[youtube]gcPVF2jd6X0[/youtube]
[youtube]RCetF8PPPbQ[/youtube]
[youtube]6dRTO_yTs-4[/youtube]
[youtube]gcPVF2jd6X0[/youtube]
[youtube]RCetF8PPPbQ[/youtube]
[youtube]6dRTO_yTs-4[/youtube]
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: Onward to Golgotha
I only own one and I can't remember what the hell it is

