Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Post by ^_____________^ »

Best Finnish death metal album ever!



[youtube]wQXJaE5icVk[/youtube]
User avatar
Verbal
The Melancholy Wizards
Posts: 25209
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 03:05

Re: Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Post by Verbal »

in before someone says nespithe - the demilich vocals are SHIT
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Post by ^_____________^ »

The Demilich vocalist sounds like a burping asshole on that album, but I like it. I picture a large Finnish man standing before a microphone with gallons of shit and puke spewing from his pie-hole as he gurgles lyrics into the mic.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Post by rhino »

havent listened in many moons but yeah great cd
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Post by zim »

awesome song, i've posted it before
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Post by Hallucinating dead »

This album is among my favorite death metal albums :xx:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness
Posts: 526
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
Location: UK

Re: Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Post by RitesOfPossession »

Never really got into Demigod, I've heard this record a couple of times but never enough to get properly into it.
User avatar
Drum Solo
Member
Posts: 303
Joined: 23 Apr 2011, 19:28

Re: Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Post by Drum Solo »

[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]Never really got into Demigod, I've heard this record a couple of times but never enough to get properly into it.[/quote]



Definitely give it another try. It's easily one of the most powerful, bleak albums ever conceived. That said, their mind for song construction along with the placement of solos keeps the doom elements from ever rendering the album too 'sleepy,' which is really the only downfall it could have suffered from given how tight everything else is.
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Post by Anjel »

[quote name="themicrulah"]The Demilich vocalist sounds like a burping asshole on that album, but I like it. I picture a large Finnish man standing before a microphone with gallons of shit and puke spewing from his pie-hole as he gurgles lyrics into the mic.[/quote]

:redneck:



[youtube]HVeBys6_TOA[/youtube]
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Post by ^_____________^ »

[quote name="Anjel"]
[quote name="themicrulah"]The Demilich vocalist sounds like a burping asshole on that album, but I like it. I picture a large Finnish man standing before a microphone with gallons of shit and puke spewing from his pie-hole as he gurgles lyrics into the mic.[/quote]

:redneck:



[youtube]HVeBys6_TOA[/youtube][/quote]



:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
User avatar
Drum Solo
Member
Posts: 303
Joined: 23 Apr 2011, 19:28

Re: Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Post by Drum Solo »

Has anyone heard their other two releases? Worth listening to, or no?



I also see they'll be playing all of their debut later in the year in TX
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Post by ^_____________^ »

[quote name="Drum Solo"]Has anyone heard their other two releases? Worth listening to, or no?



I also see they'll be playing all of their debut later in the year in TX[/quote]



Their new album "Chaos Will Prevail" is complete shit, that's all I know.
User avatar
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness
Posts: 526
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
Location: UK

Re: Slumber of Sullen Eyes

Post by RitesOfPossession »

[quote name="themicrulah"]Their new album "Chaos Will Prevail" is complete shit, that's all I know.[/quote]
Post Reply