7 String Death Metal?

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

7 String Death Metal?

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

List the bands here. I need recomendations, the bands i'm familiar with that uses it: Morbid Angel, Angelcorpse, Mithras, Behemoth, Spawn of Possession and the latest Nile-record.
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by Anjel »

The latest Nile record did not have 7-string guitars. The next one probably will though.
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by shadowalk »

[youtube]SmwxFzO56fs[/youtube]
User avatar
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness
Posts: 526
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
Location: UK

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by RitesOfPossession »

I'm pretty sure Cannibal Corpse used seven strings on some of their songs, but I'm guessing you've heard them already.



As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by zim »

[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]I'm pretty sure Cannibal Corpse used seven strings on some of their songs, but I'm guessing you've heard them already.



As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.[/quote]



I thought Nile have always used 6-stringers
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
TamPron
Metal God
Posts: 16582
Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
Location: Rod Stewart
Contact:

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by TamPron »

[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]I'm pretty sure Cannibal Corpse used seven strings on some of their songs, but I'm guessing you've heard them already.



As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.[/quote]



I thought Nile have always used 6-stringers[/quote]

They have, tuned to drop A. I'm not aware of any instance that they've used a seven string.
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Image
User avatar
Uni777
Ancient One
Posts: 1433
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
Location: Sumerland

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by Uni777 »

Karl has a 7 string KxK. It is on his page on the KxK site. The last two pics are his 7str.
User avatar
TamPron
Metal God
Posts: 16582
Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
Location: Rod Stewart
Contact:

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by TamPron »

I stand corrected.



But, I can't recall any instance where a 7 string has been used.
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Image
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by shadowalk »

I forgot to mention Decapitated. :oldryan:
User avatar
Uni777
Ancient One
Posts: 1433
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
Location: Sumerland

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by Uni777 »

[quote name="COCK BALLS PUBE TITS"]I stand corrected.



But, I can't recall any instance where a 7 string has been used.[/quote]

Perhaps on the new material.
User avatar
Jackson
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 19:04

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by Jackson »

[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]I'm pretty sure Cannibal Corpse used seven strings on some of their songs, but I'm guessing you've heard them already.



As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.[/quote]



Yea,Jack played Universe on The Wretched Spawn album.



[youtube]EhYI7VmaSgo[/youtube]



[youtube]nREj3yo_BNA[/youtube]





Also:



Image



Image







:xx:
Image
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by Mutilator »

Early Meshuggah.
User avatar
Jackson
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 19:04

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by Jackson »

Karl's 7string:



<!-- m -->http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=153915<!-- m -->



Third video :xx:
Image
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by Hugo. »

Karl has a KxK 7 string and a new Dean 7 string signature.
Image
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by Hugo. »

He hasnt recorded with either. Yet.



He all of a sudden realised that a seven string could offer all the benefits of his dropA/DropD double neck KxK :homework:
Image
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by Mr. P »

Hypocrisy.
:xx:
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

Don't behemoth play some stuff on 7 string
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: 7 String Death Metal?

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

[quote name="Nick"]Don't behemoth play some stuff on 7 string[/quote]



They do, quite alot actually.
Post Reply