7 String Death Metal?
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
7 String Death Metal?
List the bands here. I need recomendations, the bands i'm familiar with that uses it: Morbid Angel, Angelcorpse, Mithras, Behemoth, Spawn of Possession and the latest Nile-record.
- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
The latest Nile record did not have 7-string guitars. The next one probably will though.
- shadowalk
- Metal God
- Posts: 13850
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
- Location: Manila, Philippines
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
[youtube]SmwxFzO56fs[/youtube]
- RitesOfPossession
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 526
- Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
- Location: UK
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
I'm pretty sure Cannibal Corpse used seven strings on some of their songs, but I'm guessing you've heard them already.
As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.
As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]I'm pretty sure Cannibal Corpse used seven strings on some of their songs, but I'm guessing you've heard them already.
As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.[/quote]
I thought Nile have always used 6-stringers
As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.[/quote]
I thought Nile have always used 6-stringers
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- TamPron
- Metal God
- Posts: 16582
- Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
- Location: Rod Stewart
- Contact:
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
[quote name="zim"]
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]I'm pretty sure Cannibal Corpse used seven strings on some of their songs, but I'm guessing you've heard them already.
As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.[/quote]
I thought Nile have always used 6-stringers[/quote]
They have, tuned to drop A. I'm not aware of any instance that they've used a seven string.
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]I'm pretty sure Cannibal Corpse used seven strings on some of their songs, but I'm guessing you've heard them already.
As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.[/quote]
I thought Nile have always used 6-stringers[/quote]
They have, tuned to drop A. I'm not aware of any instance that they've used a seven string.
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]


- Uni777
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
- Location: Sumerland
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
Karl has a 7 string KxK. It is on his page on the KxK site. The last two pics are his 7str.
- TamPron
- Metal God
- Posts: 16582
- Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
- Location: Rod Stewart
- Contact:
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
I stand corrected.
But, I can't recall any instance where a 7 string has been used.
But, I can't recall any instance where a 7 string has been used.
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]


- shadowalk
- Metal God
- Posts: 13850
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
- Location: Manila, Philippines
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
I forgot to mention Decapitated. 
- Uni777
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 02:23
- Location: Sumerland
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
[quote name="COCK BALLS PUBE TITS"]I stand corrected.
But, I can't recall any instance where a 7 string has been used.[/quote]
Perhaps on the new material.
But, I can't recall any instance where a 7 string has been used.[/quote]
Perhaps on the new material.
- Jackson
- Member
- Posts: 345
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 19:04
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
[quote name="DarkSurgeon"]I'm pretty sure Cannibal Corpse used seven strings on some of their songs, but I'm guessing you've heard them already.
As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.[/quote]
Yea,Jack played Universe on The Wretched Spawn album.
[youtube]EhYI7VmaSgo[/youtube]
[youtube]nREj3yo_BNA[/youtube]
Also:



As for Nile, I thought they used seven strings on several of their records.[/quote]
Yea,Jack played Universe on The Wretched Spawn album.
[youtube]EhYI7VmaSgo[/youtube]
[youtube]nREj3yo_BNA[/youtube]
Also:



- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
Early Meshuggah.
- Jackson
- Member
- Posts: 345
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 19:04
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
Karl's 7string:
<!-- m -->http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=153915<!-- m -->
Third video
<!-- m -->http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=153915<!-- m -->
Third video

- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
He hasnt recorded with either. Yet.
He all of a sudden realised that a seven string could offer all the benefits of his dropA/DropD double neck KxK
He all of a sudden realised that a seven string could offer all the benefits of his dropA/DropD double neck KxK

- Mr. P
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4211
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
Don't behemoth play some stuff on 7 string
- Spirits of the Deep Waters
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45
Re: 7 String Death Metal?
[quote name="Nick"]Don't behemoth play some stuff on 7 string[/quote]
They do, quite alot actually.
They do, quite alot actually.