death magnetic
- Syysysyd
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1246
- Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49
death magnetic
ive been giving this a few more spins lately. Overall its about 8x better than st. anger
so if you could narrow it down to a 3 song ep which songs would you pick? I would go with :
All nightmare long
Suicide and Redemption
My Apocalypse
...for being the only 3 decent songs on the album, and if i had to pick a fourth it would be This was just your life maybe Judas Kiss but the rest of the album seems rather meh comparatively
all nightmare long is a fun song and though S&R is no orion it has the best leads on the album
my apocalypse for being bringing back old school metallica \m/w\
so if you could narrow it down to a 3 song ep which songs would you pick? I would go with :
All nightmare long
Suicide and Redemption
My Apocalypse
...for being the only 3 decent songs on the album, and if i had to pick a fourth it would be This was just your life maybe Judas Kiss but the rest of the album seems rather meh comparatively
all nightmare long is a fun song and though S&R is no orion it has the best leads on the album
my apocalypse for being bringing back old school metallica \m/w\
- shadowalk
- Metal God
- Posts: 13850
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
- Location: Manila, Philippines
Re: death magnetic
All Nightmare Long...that song is the most Master Of Puppets-ish out of the whole record and I love it!
For what it is, it is a great album just as St. Anger is. I appreciate the bare-bones, garage band-theme of St. Anger where they just wanted to be as loud and dirty as they could be and it works. The same thing goes for Death Magnetic. Metallica wanted to get back on further progressing their sound and releasing an album where they all worked together to make and I'd say DM would be the logical product of this. I'd say it's the next logical record for Metallica's streak of 'good' album after the black album.
For what it is, it is a great album just as St. Anger is. I appreciate the bare-bones, garage band-theme of St. Anger where they just wanted to be as loud and dirty as they could be and it works. The same thing goes for Death Magnetic. Metallica wanted to get back on further progressing their sound and releasing an album where they all worked together to make and I'd say DM would be the logical product of this. I'd say it's the next logical record for Metallica's streak of 'good' album after the black album.
- Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs
- Metal God
- Posts: 16188
- Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 22:00
- Location: The Galactic Rock 'n' Roll Empire
- Contact:
- methodrone
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 844
- Joined: 30 Apr 2009, 20:36
- ANGEL OF DESEASE
- Metal God
- Posts: 11514
- Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
- Location: banned from the disco
Re: death magnetic
probably is a good album, but the sarding that attacks me while considering listening a full Metallica album after 1986 is so big that I never did this thing. 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: death magnetic
nightmare and judas kiss
- Tyreese BIGGUMS
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 592
- Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19
Re: death magnetic
life, nightmare, judas kiss.
everything else is meh. the instrumental is boring as fuck.
everything else is meh. the instrumental is boring as fuck.
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: death magnetic
I wanted to click them all for sucking equally.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Syysysyd
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1246
- Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49
Re: death magnetic
[quote name="Skinfection"]
[quote name="Ignatius"]Overall its about 8x better than st. anger[/quote]
its funny how people say things like this as if st. anger was some monster album no one thought theyd top[/quote]
i'm sure like most people I had no expectations after st. anger and for a while believed metallica was well and done for. Can you blame me for being pleasantly surprised when they release a catchy garage monster of a tune like all nightmare long?
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]probably is a good album, but the sarding that attacks me while considering listening a full Metallica album after 1986 is so big that I never did this thing.
[/quote]
you dont dig AJFA or black album?
[quote name="Ignatius"]Overall its about 8x better than st. anger[/quote]
its funny how people say things like this as if st. anger was some monster album no one thought theyd top[/quote]
i'm sure like most people I had no expectations after st. anger and for a while believed metallica was well and done for. Can you blame me for being pleasantly surprised when they release a catchy garage monster of a tune like all nightmare long?
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]probably is a good album, but the sarding that attacks me while considering listening a full Metallica album after 1986 is so big that I never did this thing.
you dont dig AJFA or black album?
- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: death magnetic
All nightmare long is the only song listenable; all the rest sucks even harder!
Fuck it; it's the name that sells;
people should listen to 'Cyclone Temple - I hate therefore I am' if they want to hear the REAL successor to Master of puppets!!!
Fuck it; it's the name that sells;
people should listen to 'Cyclone Temple - I hate therefore I am' if they want to hear the REAL successor to Master of puppets!!!
- Mr. P
- Ancient One
- Posts: 4211
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25
Re: death magnetic
[quote name="Mutilator"]All nightmare long is the only song listenable; all the rest throws shit on the fire even harder!
Fuck it; it's the name that sells;
people should listen to 'Cyclone Temple - I hate therefore I am' if they want to hear the REAL successor to Master of puppets!!![/quote]
And Justice For All is the successor of the Puppetzzz, don't you whine there little man!
And for the poll, In the following order
Nightmare
Broken
Judas
Fuck it; it's the name that sells;
people should listen to 'Cyclone Temple - I hate therefore I am' if they want to hear the REAL successor to Master of puppets!!![/quote]
And Justice For All is the successor of the Puppetzzz, don't you whine there little man!
And for the poll, In the following order
Nightmare
Broken
Judas
- Santyago
- Member
- Posts: 203
- Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 07:58
Re: death magnetic
I only like All Nightmare Long.
- Samael
- Neophyte
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 07:42
Re: death magnetic
I listened to the album 2 or 3 times and haven't bothered with it since. Metallica haven't grown old gracefully and have tried to be a scene band since the 'Black Album'.
You really can't imagine the disapointment I felt when I first saw the promo photos for Load. wanklets. They should all f*** off and go and have their ego's massaged by moronic Metallica fans and sycophantic shrinks.
You really can't imagine the disapointment I felt when I first saw the promo photos for Load. wanklets. They should all f*** off and go and have their ego's massaged by moronic Metallica fans and sycophantic shrinks.
- Tyreese BIGGUMS
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 592
- Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19
Re: death magnetic
[quote name="Samael"]I listened to the album 2 or 3 times and haven't bothered with it since. Metallica haven't grown old gracefully and have tried to be a scene band since the 'Black Album'.
You really can't imagine the disapointment I felt when I first saw the promo photos for Load. wanklets. They should all f*** off and go and have their ego's massaged by moronic Metallica fans and sycophantic shrinks.[/quote]
I didn't really know that an album like Load/Reload was the "in thing" at the height of their commercial success with the Black Album, other than a song like "Mama Said".
Really, the only pandering to the masses that they've ever done was Death Magnetic, because fans wanted a "return to form". When else in their careers have they done that?
You really can't imagine the disapointment I felt when I first saw the promo photos for Load. wanklets. They should all f*** off and go and have their ego's massaged by moronic Metallica fans and sycophantic shrinks.[/quote]
I didn't really know that an album like Load/Reload was the "in thing" at the height of their commercial success with the Black Album, other than a song like "Mama Said".
Really, the only pandering to the masses that they've ever done was Death Magnetic, because fans wanted a "return to form". When else in their careers have they done that?
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: death magnetic
[quote name="abzu"]I wanted to click them all for sucking equally.[/quote]

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: death magnetic
[quote name="Pentelesh"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]All nightmare long is the only song listenable; all the rest throws shit on the fire even harder!
Fuck it; it's the name that sells;
people should listen to 'Cyclone Temple - I hate therefore I am' if they want to hear the REAL successor to Master of puppets!!![/quote]
And Justice For All is the successor of the Puppetzzz, don't you whine there little man!
And for the poll, In the following order
Nightmare
Broken
Judas[/quote]
I actually will have to go with Mutilator on this, having just listened to one of the songs from that album. It's surprisingly good, and sounds a LOT like Master of Puppets.
[quote name="Mutilator"]All nightmare long is the only song listenable; all the rest throws shit on the fire even harder!
Fuck it; it's the name that sells;
people should listen to 'Cyclone Temple - I hate therefore I am' if they want to hear the REAL successor to Master of puppets!!![/quote]
And Justice For All is the successor of the Puppetzzz, don't you whine there little man!
And for the poll, In the following order
Nightmare
Broken
Judas[/quote]
I actually will have to go with Mutilator on this, having just listened to one of the songs from that album. It's surprisingly good, and sounds a LOT like Master of Puppets.

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
- Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs
- Metal God
- Posts: 16188
- Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 22:00
- Location: The Galactic Rock 'n' Roll Empire
- Contact:
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: death magnetic
[quote name="shitty the sandwitch"]http://www.teufelstomb.com/reviews/meta ... hmagnetic/
[/quote]
Teufel win.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Jackson
- Member
- Posts: 345
- Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 19:04
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: death magnetic
[quote name="pulsar"]I wanted to click them all for sucking equally.[/quote]
- ThrashedDeatH
- Neophyte
- Posts: 37
- Joined: 06 Nov 2010, 12:55
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: death magnetic
that was just your life, all nightmare long, and suicide and redemption are neat
the end of the line, the judas kiss, and my apocalypse are pretty to mostly neat
broken beat and scarred has neat riffs but retarded and embarrassing lyrics, so that balances out to just ok
cyanide is almost entirely boring
the day that never comes and the unforgiven 3 are not songs that needed to be written

the end of the line, the judas kiss, and my apocalypse are pretty to mostly neat
broken beat and scarred has neat riffs but retarded and embarrassing lyrics, so that balances out to just ok
cyanide is almost entirely boring
the day that never comes and the unforgiven 3 are not songs that needed to be written
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: death magnetic
i forgot this album existed
its not entirely bad
its not entirely bad
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: death magnetic
its alright. it does sound like they give a shit and wanted to make a really good record. it also sounds like old men trying to revive a formula they willingly turned away from ages ago
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: death magnetic
thats why the should go back to the rock/blues load style and they could possibly make another great album
- deckard
- Metal God
- Posts: 12502
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: death magnetic
they should ditch rubins engineer, the production is shit.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: death magnetic
that too
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36





