death magnetic

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

death magnetic

Post by Syysysyd »

ive been giving this a few more spins lately. Overall its about 8x better than st. anger



so if you could narrow it down to a 3 song ep which songs would you pick? I would go with :

All nightmare long

Suicide and Redemption

My Apocalypse



...for being the only 3 decent songs on the album, and if i had to pick a fourth it would be This was just your life maybe Judas Kiss but the rest of the album seems rather meh comparatively

all nightmare long is a fun song and though S&R is no orion it has the best leads on the album

my apocalypse for being bringing back old school metallica \m/w\
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: death magnetic

Post by shadowalk »

All Nightmare Long...that song is the most Master Of Puppets-ish out of the whole record and I love it! :bang:



For what it is, it is a great album just as St. Anger is. I appreciate the bare-bones, garage band-theme of St. Anger where they just wanted to be as loud and dirty as they could be and it works. The same thing goes for Death Magnetic. Metallica wanted to get back on further progressing their sound and releasing an album where they all worked together to make and I'd say DM would be the logical product of this. I'd say it's the next logical record for Metallica's streak of 'good' album after the black album. :idea:
User avatar
Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs
Metal God
Posts: 16188
Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 22:00
Location: The Galactic Rock 'n' Roll Empire
Contact:

Re: death magnetic

Post by Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs »

I went with "All Nightmare Long", "Cyanide", and "My Apocalypse".
Image

 
User avatar
methodrone
God of Emptiness
Posts: 844
Joined: 30 Apr 2009, 20:36

Re: death magnetic

Post by methodrone »

i think that the all nightmare long video + song = awesome.
Image
User avatar
ANGEL OF DESEASE
Metal God
Posts: 11514
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 17:43
Location: banned from the disco

Re: death magnetic

Post by ANGEL OF DESEASE »

probably is a good album, but the sarding that attacks me while considering listening a full Metallica album after 1986 is so big that I never did this thing. :krinor:
Image



<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rocknrolla">prostitutes....they are magical beings. Almost like unicorns. But instead of unicorns, prostitutes do exist. They cost real money. But..........It may just be worth the while. They do unbelievable things with their mouths.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Extreme Noise Tara">Ryan is black.</blockquote>
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: death magnetic

Post by rhino »

nightmare and judas kiss
User avatar
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness
Posts: 592
Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19

Re: death magnetic

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

life, nightmare, judas kiss.



everything else is meh. the instrumental is boring as fuck.
User avatar
FUKKET
Metal God
Posts: 8909
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
Location: Heranus
Contact:

Re: death magnetic

Post by FUKKET »

i vote none
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: death magnetic

Post by Abzu »

I wanted to click them all for sucking equally.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Syysysyd
Ancient One
Posts: 1246
Joined: 19 May 2009, 08:49

Re: death magnetic

Post by Syysysyd »

[quote name="Skinfection"]
[quote name="Ignatius"]Overall its about 8x better than st. anger[/quote]



its funny how people say things like this as if st. anger was some monster album no one thought theyd top[/quote]

i'm sure like most people I had no expectations after st. anger and for a while believed metallica was well and done for. Can you blame me for being pleasantly surprised when they release a catchy garage monster of a tune like all nightmare long?



[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]probably is a good album, but the sarding that attacks me while considering listening a full Metallica album after 1986 is so big that I never did this thing. :krinor:[/quote]



you dont dig AJFA or black album?
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: death magnetic

Post by Mutilator »

All nightmare long is the only song listenable; all the rest sucks even harder!



Fuck it; it's the name that sells;



people should listen to 'Cyclone Temple - I hate therefore I am' if they want to hear the REAL successor to Master of puppets!!!
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

Re: death magnetic

Post by Mr. P »

[quote name="Mutilator"]All nightmare long is the only song listenable; all the rest throws shit on the fire even harder!



Fuck it; it's the name that sells;



people should listen to 'Cyclone Temple - I hate therefore I am' if they want to hear the REAL successor to Master of puppets!!![/quote]

And Justice For All is the successor of the Puppetzzz, don't you whine there little man!



And for the poll, In the following order



Nightmare

Broken

Judas
:xx:
User avatar
Santyago
Member
Posts: 203
Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 07:58

Re: death magnetic

Post by Santyago »

I only like All Nightmare Long.
User avatar
Samael
Neophyte
Posts: 40
Joined: 22 May 2009, 07:42

Re: death magnetic

Post by Samael »

I listened to the album 2 or 3 times and haven't bothered with it since. Metallica haven't grown old gracefully and have tried to be a scene band since the 'Black Album'.

You really can't imagine the disapointment I felt when I first saw the promo photos for Load. wanklets. They should all f*** off and go and have their ego's massaged by moronic Metallica fans and sycophantic shrinks.
User avatar
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness
Posts: 592
Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19

Re: death magnetic

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

[quote name="Samael"]I listened to the album 2 or 3 times and haven't bothered with it since. Metallica haven't grown old gracefully and have tried to be a scene band since the 'Black Album'.

You really can't imagine the disapointment I felt when I first saw the promo photos for Load. wanklets. They should all f*** off and go and have their ego's massaged by moronic Metallica fans and sycophantic shrinks.[/quote]



I didn't really know that an album like Load/Reload was the "in thing" at the height of their commercial success with the Black Album, other than a song like "Mama Said".



Really, the only pandering to the masses that they've ever done was Death Magnetic, because fans wanted a "return to form". When else in their careers have they done that?
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: death magnetic

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="abzu"]I wanted to click them all for sucking equally.[/quote]
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: death magnetic

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="Pentelesh"]
[quote name="Mutilator"]All nightmare long is the only song listenable; all the rest throws shit on the fire even harder!



Fuck it; it's the name that sells;



people should listen to 'Cyclone Temple - I hate therefore I am' if they want to hear the REAL successor to Master of puppets!!![/quote]

And Justice For All is the successor of the Puppetzzz, don't you whine there little man!



And for the poll, In the following order



Nightmare

Broken

Judas[/quote]



I actually will have to go with Mutilator on this, having just listened to one of the songs from that album. It's surprisingly good, and sounds a LOT like Master of Puppets.
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs
Metal God
Posts: 16188
Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 22:00
Location: The Galactic Rock 'n' Roll Empire
Contact:

Re: death magnetic

Post by Inverted Crosses And Gorebongs »

Image

 
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: death magnetic

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="shitty the sandwitch"]http://www.teufelstomb.com/reviews/meta ... hmagnetic/





:redneck:[/quote]

:greenie: Teufel win.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Jackson
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: 12 Jun 2009, 19:04

Re: death magnetic

Post by Jackson »

This is the most boring album ever!



:vomit:
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: death magnetic

Post by agony bagony »

ok it isnt a masterpiece but it really is not the most boring album ever
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: death magnetic

Post by ^_____________^ »

[quote name="pulsar"]I wanted to click them all for sucking equally.[/quote]
User avatar
ThrashedDeatH
Neophyte
Posts: 37
Joined: 06 Nov 2010, 12:55

Re: death magnetic

Post by ThrashedDeatH »

I only like That Was Just Your Life and My Apocalypse.
Image
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: death magnetic

Post by agony bagony »

that was just your life, all nightmare long, and suicide and redemption are neat



the end of the line, the judas kiss, and my apocalypse are pretty to mostly neat



broken beat and scarred has neat riffs but retarded and embarrassing lyrics, so that balances out to just ok



cyanide is almost entirely boring



the day that never comes and the unforgiven 3 are not songs that needed to be written



:brushteeth:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: death magnetic

Post by rhino »

i forgot this album existed



its not entirely bad
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: death magnetic

Post by agony bagony »

its alright. it does sound like they give a shit and wanted to make a really good record. it also sounds like old men trying to revive a formula they willingly turned away from ages ago
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: death magnetic

Post by rhino »

thats why the should go back to the rock/blues load style and they could possibly make another great album
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: death magnetic

Post by deckard »

they should ditch rubins engineer, the production is shit.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: death magnetic

Post by rhino »

that too
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: death magnetic

Post by agony bagony »

:idea:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
Post Reply