Darkthrone
- Tea
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
- Location: Ireland
Darkthrone
> Morbid Angel

-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
- Tea
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
- Location: Ireland
Re: Darkthrone
banned
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: Darkthrone
saying darkthrone > ma is indeed a bannable offense 
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: Darkthrone
I'm ok with it
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: Darkthrone
This thread is correct. Darkthrone the second greatest band of all time and MA are the third greatest. 
[youtube]Ptlv1yFvjK8[/youtube]
[youtube]EXYLSlq0cG4[/youtube]
[youtube]6RGUREkz8TA[/youtube]
[youtube]Gx3LtHBasD0[/youtube]
[youtube]nLHo3_YLe4Y[/youtube]
[youtube]1cLablcs87A[/youtube]
[youtube]ZE9xrgPDzSs[/youtube]
[youtube]kkPyrtqxgF4[/youtube]
I fucking love this band. They revitalized my interest in metal tenfold.
[youtube]Ptlv1yFvjK8[/youtube]
[youtube]EXYLSlq0cG4[/youtube]
[youtube]6RGUREkz8TA[/youtube]
[youtube]Gx3LtHBasD0[/youtube]
[youtube]nLHo3_YLe4Y[/youtube]
[youtube]1cLablcs87A[/youtube]
[youtube]ZE9xrgPDzSs[/youtube]
[youtube]kkPyrtqxgF4[/youtube]
I fucking love this band. They revitalized my interest in metal tenfold.
- Methuselah Honeysuckle
- Postwhore
- Posts: 59379
- Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
- Location: the bottle dump
Re: Darkthrone
So who do you have sitting at #1?
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Darkthrone
pantera obviously
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
- Tea
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
- Location: Ireland
Re: Darkthrone
Darkthrone > Pantera
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Darkthrone
[youtube]pZWy6W7dmD4[/youtube]
- RitesOfPossession
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 526
- Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
- Location: UK
Re: Darkthrone
Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Darkthrone
darkthrone is still 
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Darkthrone
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]
start listening to post-black metal
start listening to post-black metal
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Darkthrone
[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]pantera obviously[/quote]
I was going to say Audioslave
I was going to say Audioslave
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- RitesOfPossession
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 526
- Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
- Location: UK
Re: Darkthrone
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]
start listening to post-black metal
[/quote]
Yeah I quite like a lot of the post-black metal bands like Nachtmystium, new-Enslaved, Tombs etc. I also like Ludicra.
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]
start listening to post-black metal
Yeah I quite like a lot of the post-black metal bands like Nachtmystium, new-Enslaved, Tombs etc. I also like Ludicra.
- Victor Frankenstein
- Member
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 15:42
Re: Darkthrone
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]
Try the french bands. They're insane. Something like Clandestine Blaze, Vorkreist, Antaeus, Aosoth, Arkhon Infaustus, DSO Norway never produced.
Try the french bands. They're insane. Something like Clandestine Blaze, Vorkreist, Antaeus, Aosoth, Arkhon Infaustus, DSO Norway never produced.
"Friends, this is clean-up time and we're discounting all our silent, electric Ubiks by this much money. Yes, we're throwing away the blue-book. And remember: every Ubik on our lot has been used only as directed."
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: Darkthrone
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]
start listening to post-black metal
[/quote]

[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]
start listening to post-black metal
- Tea
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
- Location: Ireland
Re: Darkthrone
[quote name="^_____________^"]
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]
start listening to post-black metal
[/quote]
[/quote]
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]
start listening to post-black metal
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Darkthrone
Nachtmystium 
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Darkthrone
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium
[/quote]
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
Re: Darkthrone
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium
[/quote][/quote]
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Darkthrone
[quote name="^_____________^"]
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium
[/quote]
[/quote]
Guess I'll just go listen to some amazing Audioslave instead
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium
Guess I'll just go listen to some amazing Audioslave instead
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- vO)))id
- Metal God
- Posts: 12253
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44
- Tea
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
- Location: Ireland
Re: Darkthrone
[quote name="^_____________^"]
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium
[/quote]
[/quote]
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Darkthrone
You're just closed minded and not a true fan of real music
FACT
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Darkthrone
^_____________^ just seems like a young true metal warrior now, and i mean no offense by that, when he gets older i think he will learn to be more open minded about music in general. also, i dont even fucking know who he, or tea used to be before
- Tea
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
- Location: Ireland
Re: Darkthrone
I'm takng the piss, I'm a Nachtmystium fan and I listen to a lot of post-black metal bands 
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Darkthrone
^__________^ = themicrulah
tea! = flittermice, yes?
tea! = flittermice, yes?
- Tea
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 575
- Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
- Location: Ireland
Re: Darkthrone
Ayeee
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: Darkthrone
I'm not a true metal warrior, I just don't like loads of black metal that comes out after the era of the gloryhole. There are too many bands that sound like that and not enough bands that sound like Hellhammer and Bulldozer.
Audioslave > Nachywhatevers
I like a lot of untrve stuff like melodic death metal and the new Children of Bodom records. It's okay to not like new black metal.
I also like Marilyn Manson. I like Black Flag, Discharge, Sex Pistols, the new Immortal records over the old ones, very much untrve stuff. I'm sorry if I give off that vibe but I'm choosey with my black metal
Audioslave > Nachywhatevers
I like a lot of untrve stuff like melodic death metal and the new Children of Bodom records. It's okay to not like new black metal.
I also like Marilyn Manson. I like Black Flag, Discharge, Sex Pistols, the new Immortal records over the old ones, very much untrve stuff. I'm sorry if I give off that vibe but I'm choosey with my black metal
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Darkthrone
[quote name="^_____________^"]Audioslave > Nachywhatevers
[/quote]
You have heard Nachtmystium... right?
I mean, stuff after their first two releases.
You have heard Nachtmystium... right?
I mean, stuff after their first two releases.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: Darkthrone
[quote name=";,,;"]
[quote name="^_____________^"]Audioslave > Nachywhatevers
[/quote]
You have heard Nachtmystium... right?
I mean, stuff after their first two releases.[/quote]
You mean this?
[youtube]odPToK35mNE[/youtube]
That sounds pretty mediocre to me.
[quote name="^_____________^"]Audioslave > Nachywhatevers
You have heard Nachtmystium... right?
I mean, stuff after their first two releases.[/quote]
You mean this?
[youtube]odPToK35mNE[/youtube]
That sounds pretty mediocre to me.
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Darkthrone
[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]^__________^ = themicrulah
tea! = flittermice, yes?[/quote]
Welcome to this week
tea! = flittermice, yes?[/quote]
Welcome to this week

- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Darkthrone
[youtube]zWLMGdgXdkY[/youtube]
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: Darkthrone
There are a lot of bands that sound exactly like that. I'd rather listen to Dissection.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Darkthrone
dissection are on of my favs so i cant complain with that
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Darkthrone
How can you say Audioslave is even near that, let alone better?
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Darkthrone
I have nothing bad to say about Dissection. 
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Darkthrone
[youtube]2ZC_w_5mESI[/youtube]

- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: Darkthrone
[youtube]tu9u7TxmgzI[/youtube]
This song makes me fucking cry because it's so good
This song makes me fucking cry because it's so good
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Darkthrone
[youtube]VL7Cng693f8[/youtube]
I won't even say what this song does to me.
I won't even say what this song does to me.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Darkthrone
[quote name=";,,;"]How can you say Audioslave is even near that, let alone better?[/quote]
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: Darkthrone
That's better than any other Nacthmystium song I've ever heard 
Another song that's so beautiful for me that I fucking cry is this one:
[youtube]A_vklpRGW30[/youtube]
THAT'S my favorite band ever.
Their new album won't be as shitty as I thought either, I heard A New Dawn and I about shit myself with surprise.
Also about as unkvlt as you can get. I don't think many other bands can attract the general hatred that In Flames do
For me it's just Iron Maiden on steroids and I fucking love it. That whole Subterranean EP is incredible.
Another song that's so beautiful for me that I fucking cry is this one:
[youtube]A_vklpRGW30[/youtube]
THAT'S my favorite band ever.
Their new album won't be as shitty as I thought either, I heard A New Dawn and I about shit myself with surprise.
Also about as unkvlt as you can get. I don't think many other bands can attract the general hatred that In Flames do
For me it's just Iron Maiden on steroids and I fucking love it. That whole Subterranean EP is incredible.
- rhino
- PAWG Hunter
- Posts: 51143
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59
Re: Darkthrone
what do you think of dark tranquillity?
- Abzu
- Postwhore
- Posts: 45613
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
- Location: next door
Re: Darkthrone
[youtube]E1X9gQKOzEc[/youtube]
I really dig this interview.
I really dig this interview.
;,,;ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
- ^_____________^
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3433
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
- Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
- Contact:
Re: Darkthrone
I love them but I have not listened in a very long time. The Gallery and Fiction are two incredibly great albums, Skydancer as well. It's kind of cool that after their first records Dark Tranquillity and In Flames switched vocalists, and with At the Gates they pioneered a new style. Those are three of my all time favorite bands and the ones that kickstarted my interest in metal.
I actually didn't hear Kreator or Iron Maiden until I heard Dark Tranquillity's covers of Bringer of Torture and 22 Acacia Avenue on a re-issue of The Gallery
which shows how dumb I am. Before that I was mainly into System of a Down, Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, just basic alternative rock stuffs like that. I still enjoy SOAD and Chevelle from time to time, but Breaking Benjamin not so much. Don't really click with me anymore. 
I actually didn't hear Kreator or Iron Maiden until I heard Dark Tranquillity's covers of Bringer of Torture and 22 Acacia Avenue on a re-issue of The Gallery

