Darkthrone

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
User avatar
Tea
God of Emptiness
Posts: 575
Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
Location: Ireland

Darkthrone

Post by Tea »

> Morbid Angel



:santa:
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Darkthrone

Post by droidspawn »

WRONG FUCKING FORUM!!!11
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Darkthrone

Post by droidspawn »

also, fucking incorrect
User avatar
Tea
God of Emptiness
Posts: 575
Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
Location: Ireland

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Tea »

banned
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Darkthrone

Post by droidspawn »

saying darkthrone > ma is indeed a bannable offense :judge:
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

I'm ok with it
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

This thread is correct. Darkthrone the second greatest band of all time and MA are the third greatest. :judge:



[youtube]Ptlv1yFvjK8[/youtube]



[youtube]EXYLSlq0cG4[/youtube]



[youtube]6RGUREkz8TA[/youtube]



[youtube]Gx3LtHBasD0[/youtube]



[youtube]nLHo3_YLe4Y[/youtube]



[youtube]1cLablcs87A[/youtube]



[youtube]ZE9xrgPDzSs[/youtube]



[youtube]kkPyrtqxgF4[/youtube]



I fucking love this band. They revitalized my interest in metal tenfold.
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59379
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

So who do you have sitting at #1?
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Darkthrone

Post by jawn galliano »

pantera obviously
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]pantera obviously[/quote]
User avatar
Tea
God of Emptiness
Posts: 575
Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
Location: Ireland

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Tea »

Darkthrone > Pantera
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Darkthrone

Post by rhino »

[youtube]pZWy6W7dmD4[/youtube]
User avatar
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness
Posts: 526
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
Location: UK

Re: Darkthrone

Post by RitesOfPossession »

Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: Darkthrone

Post by vO)))id »

darkthrone is still :xx:
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Darkthrone

Post by rhino »

[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]





start listening to post-black metal :xx:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]pantera obviously[/quote]

I was going to say Audioslave :redneck:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
RitesOfPossession
God of Emptiness
Posts: 526
Joined: 04 Jan 2011, 23:10
Location: UK

Re: Darkthrone

Post by RitesOfPossession »

[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]





start listening to post-black metal :xx:[/quote]

Yeah I quite like a lot of the post-black metal bands like Nachtmystium, new-Enslaved, Tombs etc. I also like Ludicra.
User avatar
Victor Frankenstein
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 15:42

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Victor Frankenstein »

[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]



Try the french bands. They're insane. Something like Clandestine Blaze, Vorkreist, Antaeus, Aosoth, Arkhon Infaustus, DSO Norway never produced.
"Friends, this is clean-up time and we're discounting all our silent, electric Ubiks by this much money. Yes, we're throwing away the blue-book. And remember: every Ubik on our lot has been used only as directed."
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]





start listening to post-black metal :xx:[/quote]

:shake:
User avatar
Tea
God of Emptiness
Posts: 575
Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
Location: Ireland

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Tea »

[quote name="^_____________^"]
[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name="RitesOfPossession"]Darkthrone used to be one of my favourite bands a few years ago. I got their first four albums really cheap in a sale and listened to them loads. I'm not really a fan anymore though, I don't really like any black metal these days.[/quote]





start listening to post-black metal :xx:[/quote]

:shake:[/quote]
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Abzu »

Nachtmystium :xx:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Darkthrone

Post by rhino »

[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium :xx:[/quote]
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium :xx:[/quote]

:vomit:
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: Darkthrone

Post by vO)))id »

[quote name="rhino"]
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium :xx:[/quote][/quote]
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="^_____________^"]
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium :xx:[/quote]

:vomit:[/quote]

Guess I'll just go listen to some amazing Audioslave instead :redneck:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
vO)))id
Metal God
Posts: 12253
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 14:44

Re: Darkthrone

Post by vO)))id »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Tea
God of Emptiness
Posts: 575
Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
Location: Ireland

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Tea »

[quote name="^_____________^"]
[quote name=";,,;"]Nachtmystium :xx:[/quote]

:vomit:[/quote]
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Abzu »

You're just closed minded and not a true fan of real music :lol: FACT
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Darkthrone

Post by rhino »

^_____________^ just seems like a young true metal warrior now, and i mean no offense by that, when he gets older i think he will learn to be more open minded about music in general. also, i dont even fucking know who he, or tea used to be before
User avatar
Tea
God of Emptiness
Posts: 575
Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
Location: Ireland

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Tea »

I'm takng the piss, I'm a Nachtmystium fan and I listen to a lot of post-black metal bands :santa:
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Darkthrone

Post by jawn galliano »

^__________^ = themicrulah



tea! = flittermice, yes?
User avatar
Tea
God of Emptiness
Posts: 575
Joined: 13 Apr 2011, 17:22
Location: Ireland

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Tea »

Ayeee
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

I'm not a true metal warrior, I just don't like loads of black metal that comes out after the era of the gloryhole. There are too many bands that sound like that and not enough bands that sound like Hellhammer and Bulldozer.



Audioslave > Nachywhatevers :idea:



I like a lot of untrve stuff like melodic death metal and the new Children of Bodom records. It's okay to not like new black metal. :ryan:



I also like Marilyn Manson. I like Black Flag, Discharge, Sex Pistols, the new Immortal records over the old ones, very much untrve stuff. I'm sorry if I give off that vibe but I'm choosey with my black metal :santa:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="^_____________^"]Audioslave > Nachywhatevers :idea: [/quote]

You have heard Nachtmystium... right?

I mean, stuff after their first two releases.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

[quote name=";,,;"]
[quote name="^_____________^"]Audioslave > Nachywhatevers :idea: [/quote]

You have heard Nachtmystium... right?

I mean, stuff after their first two releases.[/quote]

You mean this?



[youtube]odPToK35mNE[/youtube]



That sounds pretty mediocre to me.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Multidisciplinarian"]^__________^ = themicrulah



tea! = flittermice, yes?[/quote]



Welcome to this week :redneck:
Image
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Darkthrone

Post by rhino »

[youtube]zWLMGdgXdkY[/youtube]
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

There are a lot of bands that sound exactly like that. I'd rather listen to Dissection.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Darkthrone

Post by rhino »

dissection are on of my favs so i cant complain with that
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Abzu »

How can you say Audioslave is even near that, let alone better?
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

[youtube]syJ9EwsGIaU[/youtube]



:idea:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Abzu »

I have nothing bad to say about Dissection. :grimb:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Darkthrone

Post by rhino »

[youtube]2ZC_w_5mESI[/youtube]





:llama: :pepper:
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

[youtube]tu9u7TxmgzI[/youtube]



This song makes me fucking cry because it's so good :tear:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Abzu »

[youtube]VL7Cng693f8[/youtube]



I won't even say what this song does to me.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Abzu »

[quote name=";,,;"]How can you say Audioslave is even near that, let alone better?[/quote]
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

That's better than any other Nacthmystium song I've ever heard :idea:



Another song that's so beautiful for me that I fucking cry is this one:



[youtube]A_vklpRGW30[/youtube]



THAT'S my favorite band ever. :idea:



Their new album won't be as shitty as I thought either, I heard A New Dawn and I about shit myself with surprise.



Also about as unkvlt as you can get. I don't think many other bands can attract the general hatred that In Flames do :redneck:



For me it's just Iron Maiden on steroids and I fucking love it. That whole Subterranean EP is incredible.
User avatar
rhino
PAWG Hunter
Posts: 51143
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 04:59

Re: Darkthrone

Post by rhino »

what do you think of dark tranquillity?
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Darkthrone

Post by Abzu »

[youtube]E1X9gQKOzEc[/youtube]

I really dig this interview.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
^_____________^
Ancient One
Posts: 3433
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 14:58
Location: I'm Going To Pull Your Endocrine System Out Of Your Body
Contact:

Re: Darkthrone

Post by ^_____________^ »

I love them but I have not listened in a very long time. The Gallery and Fiction are two incredibly great albums, Skydancer as well. It's kind of cool that after their first records Dark Tranquillity and In Flames switched vocalists, and with At the Gates they pioneered a new style. Those are three of my all time favorite bands and the ones that kickstarted my interest in metal.



I actually didn't hear Kreator or Iron Maiden until I heard Dark Tranquillity's covers of Bringer of Torture and 22 Acacia Avenue on a re-issue of The Gallery :redneck: which shows how dumb I am. Before that I was mainly into System of a Down, Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, just basic alternative rock stuffs like that. I still enjoy SOAD and Chevelle from time to time, but Breaking Benjamin not so much. Don't really click with me anymore. :judge:
Post Reply