Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Post by Anjel »

[youtube]WD1GvVauGhA[/youtube]



Sounds awesome. Really looking forward to this. Erlend is an incredible bassist, Bryssling's songwriting is top notch as well. :gay: :thingy: :thingy: :fonz:
User avatar
PrismAndGate
Member
Posts: 343
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 03:35
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Post by PrismAndGate »

Sounds great. And yeah, any time I want to feel really shitty about my bass playing I go and watch one of Erlend's videos.
Image
User avatar
Spirits of the Deep Waters
Ancient One
Posts: 1324
Joined: 21 Dec 2009, 17:45

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Post by Spirits of the Deep Waters »

Cool, I hope this new stuff won't be so much Necrophagist as I belive it will. What bands has this duder been envolved with?
User avatar
PrismAndGate
Member
Posts: 343
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 03:35
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Post by PrismAndGate »

I know he played on the last Deeds of Flesh album, which was quite :xx:
Image
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Post by Anjel »

Maze: Erlend doesn't actually write any of the music, he just creates basslines and tracks them, Bryssling and Röndum are still the ones doing most of the music-writing and arranging.

And a whole bunch of a deathmetal band, he is basically a hired gun, but I'm sure he does the SoP because he is a fan of the band. Yeah, he have played/recorded with bands such as: Deeds of Flesh, Blood Red Throne, The Allseeing I, Vile, Emeth, etc.

The only thing that might sound like Necrophagist are the solos since it's the same hard-on bearer doing them in Necrophagist sometime.
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Post by droidspawn »

sard
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Post by Mesarthim »

:shake: no sarding allowed.
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Post by droidspawn »

i already did it though :krinor:
User avatar
Mr. P
Ancient One
Posts: 4211
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 16:25

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Post by Mr. P »

Well that was some interesting fret board masturbation indeed.
:xx:
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Post by Hugo. »

Is chalky still on board with this or what?
Image
User avatar
Anjel
Ancient One
Posts: 1269
Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Post by Anjel »

No, they have Röndum doing the vocals again.
User avatar
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man
Ancient One
Posts: 2215
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 01:08
Location: ColoradO))))))
Contact:

Re: Spawn of Possession - bass tracking

Post by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man »

Image
[quote name="Verbal"]i would hate to be raped by an ugly person[/quote]



[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]This kinds of stuff are very gay cause is involved the brain, not the penis[/quote]
Post Reply