Nile

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Nile

Post by Mesarthim »

yo know, sometimes I go months without listening to these guys, but everytime I throw on one of their albums ,like I did this morning, I can't help but go

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

:xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx:
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Nile

Post by Hugo. »

My love for ITDS is well documented on the NABB :mmm:

:xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx:
Image
User avatar
scarica
Ancient One
Posts: 2127
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:18
Location: hwy 180 burrito shop

Re: Nile

Post by scarica »

they're calling themselves "the nabb" now?
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKyve_IO ... e_IO0nA</a>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ANGEL OF DESEASE">
when a lady lick the nipple, the ding-ding start to smile
</blockquote>
User avatar
Mesarthim
Lhümbergø
Posts: 21723
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 08:49
Location: Birdtown, Minnesota

Re: Nile

Post by Mesarthim »

Nihilist Asshole Bulletin Board
rhino wrote: ↑
20 Dec 2020, 07:48
I'm just getting buzzed up and making dumb threads :bacon:
Verbal wrote: ↑
06 Aug 2021, 04:32
i dont think youre appreciating how much of an idiot i am
User avatar
scarica
Ancient One
Posts: 2127
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:18
Location: hwy 180 burrito shop

Re: Nile

Post by scarica »

ok. just checking. :santa: :redneck:
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKyve_IO ... e_IO0nA</a>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ANGEL OF DESEASE">
when a lady lick the nipple, the ding-ding start to smile
</blockquote>
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Nile

Post by jawn galliano »

i still bust out catacombs and bsov on rare occasions but i haven't really found myself listening to nile much in the last few years
User avatar
Grudge
Metal God
Posts: 10535
Joined: 15 Apr 2009, 10:23

Re: Nile

Post by Grudge »

nabb haha
User avatar
scarica
Ancient One
Posts: 2127
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 15:18
Location: hwy 180 burrito shop

Re: Nile

Post by scarica »

yeah they should stick with NBB. NABB sounds like a nut grab.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKyve_IO ... e_IO0nA</a>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ANGEL OF DESEASE">
when a lady lick the nipple, the ding-ding start to smile
</blockquote>
User avatar
OJ8
Member
Posts: 233
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 18:37
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Nile

Post by OJ8 »

[quote name="Famous Mortimer"]i still bust out catacombs and bsov on rare occasions but i haven't really found myself listening to nile much in the last few years[/quote]

Exactly my words. :santa:
God's business, witchfinding.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Nile

Post by Hugo. »

Holy fuck, 'NABB' was a typo!
Image
User avatar
OJ8
Member
Posts: 233
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 18:37
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Nile

Post by OJ8 »

Nah you're a typo, ya Irish cunt!
God's business, witchfinding.
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Nile

Post by Hugo. »

:warzone:
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Nile

Post by Abzu »

pedonilechat





On another note, I didn't dig ITDS too much. BSoV, Catacombs and Ithylpenis are :xx:

AotW is good too.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One
Posts: 2644
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
Location: The birthplace of death metal
Contact:

Re: Nile

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

God, I haven't blared Nile in awhile now.
Image
User avatar
Charles Bronson
God of Emptiness
Posts: 618
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:25

Re: Nile

Post by Charles Bronson »

[quote name="MorbidAngle"]My love for ITDS is well documented on the NABB :mmm:

:xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx: :xx:[/quote]

ANUS?
User avatar
Sarcofago
Member
Posts: 493
Joined: 28 Jun 2009, 02:33
Location: Haarlem, Holland

Re: Nile

Post by Sarcofago »

I agree,

I mostly dont listen too them, but when i put on Black seeds... or Amongst the Catacombs... i really enjoy them.

It's overwelming music and good too :xx:
Image
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: Nile

Post by zim »

NILE :xx: :xx:

been jamming them the last couple of days. this morning my girlfriend bought me legacy of the catacombs, pretty cool to have their music videos on dvd now.
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Nile

Post by Hugo. »

I'm not fan of the production on the last two albums, I prefer a more old school sound for Nile.
Image
User avatar
Santyago
Member
Posts: 203
Joined: 20 Jun 2009, 07:58

Re: Nile

Post by Santyago »

I hear some of their songs rarely nowadays.
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: Nile

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="MorbidAngle"]I'm not fan of the production on the last two albums, I prefer a more old school sound for Nile.[/quote]



I would love to have the new album sound like BSoV. Seriously. The new sound is just too slick for me. Half the fun of Nile is not knowing what the fuck is going on, but being certain that you're missing a whole shitload.



Karl seems to get way too focused on what other people think of him, and so he made two albums in a row of like..."This is how awesome I am, I'm not using a gimmick, etc." Anytime somebody does something new, someone's going to call it a gimmick. Get used to it. It's nice having him post on nbb, but he's generally so pissy that you don't really get much out of it anymore.



I'm also really sick of all the young kids there.
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
shadowalk
Metal God
Posts: 13850
Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:16
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: Nile

Post by shadowalk »

[quote name="Aaron himself"]God, I haven't blared Nile in awhile now.[/quote]
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Nile

Post by Abzu »

*plays black seeds* :bang:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One
Posts: 2644
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
Location: The birthplace of death metal
Contact:

Re: Nile

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

[quote name="HbW"]
[quote name="MorbidAngle"]I'm not fan of the production on the last two albums, I prefer a more old school sound for Nile.[/quote]



I would love to have the new album sound like BSoV. Seriously. The new sound is just too slick for me. Half the fun of Nile is not knowing what the fuck is going on, but being certain that you're missing a whole shitload.



Karl seems to get way too focused on what other people think of him, and so he made two albums in a row of like..."This is how awesome I am, I'm not using a gimmick, etc." Anytime somebody does something new, someone's going to call it a gimmick. Get used to it. It's nice having him post on nbb, but he's generally so pissy that you don't really get much out of it anymore.



I'm also really sick of all the young kids there.[/quote]



I check the board now and then, but every time I do, the posters there just annoy the living fuck out of me. I think their humour is retarded and note even remotely funny. Nothing against the board, but it's just not the Nile bard I once knew. I think that they need House Arrest to clean it up.
Image
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Nile

Post by Lavabug »

Been playing a lot of BSOV and Ithyphallic as of late after quite a while of sarding Nile. :redneck:
User avatar
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One
Posts: 2644
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
Location: The birthplace of death metal
Contact:

Re: Nile

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

I blasted some ITDS a couple of nights ago
Image
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Nile

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="HbW"]
[quote name="MorbidAngle"]I'm not fan of the production on the last two albums, I prefer a more old school sound for Nile.[/quote]



I would love to have the new album sound like BSoV. Seriously. The new sound is just too slick for me. Half the fun of Nile is not knowing what the fuck is going on, but being certain that you're missing a whole shitload.



Karl seems to get way too focused on what other people think of him, and so he made two albums in a row of like..."This is how awesome I am, I'm not using a gimmick, etc." Anytime somebody does something new, someone's going to call it a gimmick. Get used to it. It's nice having him post on nbb, but he's generally so pissy that you don't really get much out of it anymore.



I'm also really sick of all the young kids there.[/quote]

Agreed on all counts. Also, the ´Ithyphallic´ concept is terrible, not to mention that it´s my least favourite of their albums.
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Nile

Post by Abzu »

an album about ancient, legendary, mythical boners...
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Nile

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="abzu"]an album about ancient, legendary, mythical boners...[/quote]



With obvious connotations to Karls self-percieved epically-proportioned manhood.................... :frown:



To me, that album is their 'St. Anger....'



I Have no doubt that the new one will slay, however. :bang:
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Nile

Post by Abzu »

I dunno... I like Ithyphallic better than In Their Darkened Shrines or Annihilation of the Wicked.



I do like AotW a lot though... but I'm thinking of selling ITDS. I never listen to it.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Nile

Post by Hugo. »

Well, youre not alone there. Plenty of people share the same view as you (take a recent 'favourite Nile album' poll on the NBB for example - pretty much an even distribution of votes all round). Personally, it's very hard for me to be objective as 'Black Seeds..' and ITDS came at a time when i was only beginning to seriously get into DM and had a collosal impact on me.



The fact remains- whatever you guys might think about certain members of the NBB, Nile are a phenomenal band even if they do love mythically proportioned cock :redneck:
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Nile

Post by Abzu »

"The seed of Amu hath oppressed you :jizz: / They hath urinated upon you :piss1: and made you eat feces :oldryan: " - Black Seeds of Vengeance. In other words: bukkake, golden shower, scat.



In all seriousness though, I like Nile and this song is one of my favorite all time from easily my favorite Nile album.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Teresa
Ancient One
Posts: 1172
Joined: 21 Apr 2009, 13:51

Re: Nile

Post by Teresa »

Nephren-Ka and Black Seeds is where it's at. :xx::
why you wanna trip on me
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Nile

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Teresa"]Nephren-Ka and Black Seeds is where it's at. :xx::[/quote]

Teresa knows.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Aðalsteinn
Metal God
Posts: 7838
Joined: 29 Jun 2009, 08:00

Re: Nile

Post by Aðalsteinn »

:horns:
All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom<br />
and a poom-poom - JUST SHAKE YA RUMP
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: Nile

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="Aaron himself"]
[quote name="HbW"]
[quote name="MorbidAngle"]I'm not fan of the production on the last two albums, I prefer a more old school sound for Nile.[/quote]



I would love to have the new album sound like BSoV. Seriously. The new sound is just too slick for me. Half the fun of Nile is not knowing what the fuck is going on, but being certain that you're missing a whole shitload.



Karl seems to get way too focused on what other people think of him, and so he made two albums in a row of like..."This is how awesome I am, I'm not using a gimmick, etc." Anytime somebody does something new, someone's going to call it a gimmick. Get used to it. It's nice having him post on nbb, but he's generally so pissy that you don't really get much out of it anymore.



I'm also really sick of all the young kids there.[/quote]



I check the board now and then, but every time I do, the posters there just annoy the living fuck out of me. I think their humour is retarded and note even remotely funny. Nothing against the board, but it's just not the Nile bard I once knew. I think that they need House Arrest to clean it up.[/quote]



Is House Arrest the same person as Niggy? Because Christ, that dude annoyed the living fuck out of me. Everything he said made me want to shoot him.



As far as nbb goes, Rhombus Foreplay, Gileece, Seker, and Dikki were/are hilarious. What's really missing is warzone. The place is pretty humorless now. There's wave after wave of scene kids joining the place (or at least kids who didn't hear of nile until Annihilation of the Wicked came out), and they're mostly too stupid to breathe.
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: Nile

Post by Haunty »

By the way, does anybody else think that the artwork from Annihilation of the Wicked looks like something a 12 year old photoshopped?
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: Nile

Post by zim »

I like the AOTW artwork
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
TamPron
Metal God
Posts: 16582
Joined: 24 Apr 2009, 00:50
Location: Rod Stewart
Contact:

Re: Nile

Post by TamPron »

[quote name="zim"]I like the AOTW artwork[/quote]
[quote name="Extreme Noise Tara"]They are. [/quote]

Image
User avatar
Teresa
Ancient One
Posts: 1172
Joined: 21 Apr 2009, 13:51

Re: Nile

Post by Teresa »

black seeds and beyond have bad photoshop jobs.
why you wanna trip on me
User avatar
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One
Posts: 2644
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
Location: The birthplace of death metal
Contact:

Re: Nile

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

[quote name="HbW"]
[quote name="Aaron himself"]
[quote name="HbW"]
[quote name="MorbidAngle"]I'm not fan of the production on the last two albums, I prefer a more old school sound for Nile.[/quote]



I would love to have the new album sound like BSoV. Seriously. The new sound is just too slick for me. Half the fun of Nile is not knowing what the fuck is going on, but being certain that you're missing a whole shitload.



Karl seems to get way too focused on what other people think of him, and so he made two albums in a row of like..."This is how awesome I am, I'm not using a gimmick, etc." Anytime somebody does something new, someone's going to call it a gimmick. Get used to it. It's nice having him post on nbb, but he's generally so pissy that you don't really get much out of it anymore.



I'm also really sick of all the young kids there.[/quote]



I check the board now and then, but every time I do, the posters there just annoy the living fuck out of me. I think their humour is retarded and note even remotely funny. Nothing against the board, but it's just not the Nile bard I once knew. I think that they need House Arrest to clean it up.[/quote]



Is House Arrest the same person as Niggy? Because Christ, that dude annoyed the living fuck out of me. Everything he said made me want to shoot him.



As far as nbb goes, Rhombus Foreplay, Gileece, Seker, and Dikki were/are hilarious. What's really missing is warzone. The place is pretty humorless now. There's wave after wave of scene kids joining the place (or at least kids who didn't hear of nile until Annihilation of the Wicked came out), and they're mostly too stupid to breathe.[/quote]

House Arrest and Niggy are no where near being the same exact person. He's well before your time. As for the members there, I'm not gonna lie, I can't stand Rhombus Foreplay. Gileece is ok. Seker and Dikki are good in my book. I actually miss Seker to be honest with you.



A speaking of Hektik, I wonder why he hasn't made an account yet here? Haven't seen him in aeons now.
Image
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Nile

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="Teresa"]black seeds and beyond have bad photoshop jobs.[/quote]

I partly agree. I heartily enjoyed Black Seeds' artwork and, to a lesser degree, Ithyphallic's as well. I like the art direction so to speak, and layout of AotW, but not necessarily the art itself. ITDS had horrible CG rendered art.
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: Nile

Post by Haunty »

Well, the good news is that Xaay is doing their new album's artwork. He's fucking spectacular. Here are some examples.



Image

Image

Image
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
Methuselah Honeysuckle
Postwhore
Posts: 59380
Joined: 26 Jul 2009, 22:32
Location: the bottle dump

Re: Nile

Post by Methuselah Honeysuckle »

i couldnt care any less about this band if i tried.
vega wrote:But when I am meeting she is a round circle like egg. :oldryan: . She is eating 88% of foods and I am paying 100% bill.
Ninny wrote: ↑
10 Oct 2021, 21:53
but now I want to suck her soft parts.
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: Nile

Post by Haunty »

:interessant:
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Nile

Post by jawn galliano »

[quote name="Aaron himself"]A speaking of Hektik, I wonder why he hasn't made an account yet here?[/quote]



he did, eargazm :santa:
User avatar
Abzu
Postwhore
Posts: 45613
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 08:35
Location: next door

Re: Nile

Post by Abzu »

[quote name="HbW"]Well, the good news is that Xaay is doing their new album's artwork. He's fucking spectacular.[/quote]

:win: :xx:
ANGEL OF DESEASE wrote:the path of whoring is something wicked and grim, and very philosophical.
;,,;
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: Nile

Post by Lavabug »

Tits and snakes are always a good combination.
User avatar
Bathsalt Zombie
Ancient One
Posts: 2644
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 00:05
Location: The birthplace of death metal
Contact:

Re: Nile

Post by Bathsalt Zombie »

[quote name="Famous Mortimer"]
[quote name="Aaron himself"]A speaking of Hektik, I wonder why he hasn't made an account yet here?[/quote]



he did, eargazm :santa:[/quote]

Oh really, didn't knew that. I wonder why Niggy hasn't been posting much at all?
Image
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: Nile

Post by Mutilator »

Download & blast 'Sss Haa Set Yoth', the Japanese bonus track from Anihilation of the wicked: it's cool! :bang:
Post Reply