Who actually invented the blast?
- LAVAGOD
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 642
- Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 05:25
- Location: the official city of the chicago cubs
Who actually invented the blast?
We all know Pete has claimed himself the founder of the blast, yet many people believe Napalm Death was the first band. I read somewhere that Scum has the first recorded blast's (side B was recorded in 1986). There's many mixed opinions and variations of stories we've all heard. But who actually did it first? I would love to hear the first beat ever blasted that started it all 
LAVA!!!
- Anjel
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1269
- Joined: 11 May 2010, 00:30
Re: Who actually invented the blast?
It depends on what you consider blastbeats.
IMO Pete was the first one who did it tightly enough, Scum is just really sloppy.
Also:
[youtube]vZimqldbf7w[/youtube]
IMO Pete was the first one who did it tightly enough, Scum is just really sloppy.
Also:
[youtube]vZimqldbf7w[/youtube]
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Who actually invented the blast?
Yeah, buddy rich. But its generally a toss up between pete and rat, the original napalm death drummer.

- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: Who actually invented the blast?
[quote name="Skinoperable"]some jazz drummer[/quote]
This is what I always assumed too.
This is what I always assumed too.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
- jawn galliano
- Yahtzee Genius
- Posts: 24044
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24
Re: Who actually invented the blast?
buddy rich was far too badass for his own good
- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Who actually invented the blast?
Actually, the worst are that new breed of 'token' blasters. As in "oh people will know we're trying to be N'sync with guitars if we dont have a blasting section here."
*followed by breakdown*
*followed by breakdown*

- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Who actually invented the blast?
Ive whittled my tendancy to do that down to about 50% of the time
BUT I'M DROP A NOW, SO ITS COOL RIGHT?
BUT I'M DROP A NOW, SO ITS COOL RIGHT?

- Hugo.
- Metal God
- Posts: 15495
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
- Location: Ireland
Re: Who actually invented the blast?
About 80% of my riffs span 3 strings. Its kind of a novelty then when you chug out something simple. I always used to play in standard, I have to say I like the dynamic of the drop low E.

- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: Who actually invented the blast?
[quote name="Hugo"]About 80% of my riffs span 3 strings. Its kind of a novelty then when you chug out something simple. I always used to play in standard, I have to say I like the dynamic of the drop low E.[/quote]
If you're ever feeling saucy, you should try an open tuning. I've got one of my guitars in Open C and it's stupidly fun.
If you're ever feeling saucy, you should try an open tuning. I've got one of my guitars in Open C and it's stupidly fun.
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: Who actually invented the blast?
i had some good jams last night 
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Olden Polynice
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1313
- Joined: 06 Apr 2011, 05:46
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: Who actually invented the blast?
[quote name="Devy"]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]some jazz drummer[/quote]
This is what I always assumed too.[/quote]
as everyone has said, Buddy Rich.
Elvin Jones also did some on some recordings i've got from the 50s. Mostly in during solos.
But as folks said, it's like asking "who invented tapping?"
some dude in the 16 Century on his 10 string acoustic, wearing a wig.
[quote name="Skinoperable"]some jazz drummer[/quote]
This is what I always assumed too.[/quote]
as everyone has said, Buddy Rich.
Elvin Jones also did some on some recordings i've got from the 50s. Mostly in during solos.
But as folks said, it's like asking "who invented tapping?"
some dude in the 16 Century on his 10 string acoustic, wearing a wig.
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: Who actually invented the blast?
[quote name="mabb_"]Was the Zepplin drummer really the first to use double kicks?[/quote]
Ginger Baker maybe.
I'm sure I've seen pics form really early 60s of drummer with 2x kicks.
around the area when the 'power-trio' thing was coming into existence.
Ginger Baker maybe.
I'm sure I've seen pics form really early 60s of drummer with 2x kicks.
around the area when the 'power-trio' thing was coming into existence.
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: Who actually invented the blast?
[quote name="FUKKET"]
[quote name="mabb_"]Was the Zepplin drummer really the first to use double kicks?[/quote]
Ginger Baker maybe.
I'm sure I've seen pics form really early 60s of drummer with 2x kicks.
around the area when the 'power-trio' thing was coming into existence.[/quote]
wait, i'm sure i've seen a pic from 50s, of a jazz dude with 2x.
[quote name="mabb_"]Was the Zepplin drummer really the first to use double kicks?[/quote]
Ginger Baker maybe.
I'm sure I've seen pics form really early 60s of drummer with 2x kicks.
around the area when the 'power-trio' thing was coming into existence.[/quote]
wait, i'm sure i've seen a pic from 50s, of a jazz dude with 2x.
- FUKKET
- Metal God
- Posts: 8909
- Joined: 13 Apr 2009, 09:11
- Location: Heranus
- Contact:
Re: Who actually invented the blast?
Tony Williams possibly - but maybe that was early 70s (when fusion came along)
