anyone into portal?
- deckard
- Metal God
- Posts: 12502
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
- Location: THE NORTH
anyone into portal?
[youtube]emrBZZtGFgI[/youtube]

- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: anyone into portal?
[youtube]Y6ljFaKRTrI[/youtube]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- deckard
- Metal God
- Posts: 12502
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: anyone into portal?
naughty devy 
- Devy
- Metal God
- Posts: 8634
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04
Re: anyone into portal?
It's still a good song 

[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
- deckard
- Metal God
- Posts: 12502
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
- Location: THE NORTH
- Lavabug
- Metal God
- Posts: 7799
- Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
- Location: An ocean of filth.
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: anyone into portal?
I haven't listened to much Portal but I heard a song the other day I liked. It reminded me of Heretic but the production really makes the song difficult to appreciate and that makes me sad.
[youtube]yDeP9hmOxh4[/youtube]
[youtube]yDeP9hmOxh4[/youtube]
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- M.Bison
- Ancient One
- Posts: 2320
- Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
- Location: Scumbria
Re: anyone into portal?
Damn I always had these guys as a noise/SUNNO))) type outfit. Pretty cool stuff now I've actually bothered to listen properly. 

- Mutilator
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1578
- Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
- Location: Utrecht NL
Re: anyone into portal?
Nice musical approach, but the drummer is too weak in this band.
- agony bagony
- Postwhore
- Posts: 77363
- Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36
Re: anyone into portal?
i have given them a few listens but cant seem to get into them. however my first thought was what devy posted in which case 
- deckard
- Metal God
- Posts: 12502
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: anyone into portal?
this band is a vortex of evil
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
- deckard
- Metal God
- Posts: 12502
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: anyone into portal?
link me!
-
droidspawn
- I'd Rank That For $1
- Posts: 49521
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
- Location: to the depths, in degradation
Re: anyone into portal?
I have great work of ages, haven't checked out the first one yet.
- Olden Polynice
- Ancient One
- Posts: 1313
- Joined: 06 Apr 2011, 05:46
- Hallucinating dead
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
- Location: higher place
Re: anyone into portal?
great bands, thanks MABB and the blade runner duder who made the thread

..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
- methodrone
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 844
- Joined: 30 Apr 2009, 20:36
Re: anyone into portal?
[quote name="zim"]I haven't listened to much Portal but I heard a song the other day I liked. It reminded me of Heretic but the production really makes the song difficult to appreciate and that makes me sad.
[youtube]yDeP9hmOxh4[/youtube][/quote]
Are you being serious?
[youtube]yDeP9hmOxh4[/youtube][/quote]
Are you being serious?

- Holocaust
- Metal God
- Posts: 10733
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
- Location: Your mom
Re: anyone into portal?
I dig me some Portal but I will listen to this Stargazer in the immediate future

- Hallucinating dead
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
- Location: higher place
Re: anyone into portal?
I liked that song the most Zim posted, i dont know why he dont like it 
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: anyone into portal?
[quote name="methodrone"]
[quote name="zim"]I haven't listened to much Portal but I heard a song the other day I liked. It reminded me of Heretic but the production really makes the song difficult to appreciate and that makes me sad.
[youtube]yDeP9hmOxh4[/youtube][/quote]
Are you being serious?[/quote]
yes
i don't have a boner for terrible production.
[quote name="zim"]I haven't listened to much Portal but I heard a song the other day I liked. It reminded me of Heretic but the production really makes the song difficult to appreciate and that makes me sad.
[youtube]yDeP9hmOxh4[/youtube][/quote]
Are you being serious?[/quote]
yes
i don't have a boner for terrible production.
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- methodrone
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 844
- Joined: 30 Apr 2009, 20:36
Re: anyone into portal?
Saying that their music has poor production is completely missing the point, it's part of the whole disengrated music concept. Being a proclaimed avant garde metal fan I thought you might get that. So it might sound like poor production but ultimately is part of a bigger theme ,therefore perfect for their style.

- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: anyone into portal?
i had a feeling you said something like that. i understand what it's going for but that muddy sound just doesn't work for me. you can have good production and still capture that chaotic, dark atmosphere. there has to be a line between complete noise and something musical. i personally feel like portal is on that edge of almost complete noise at times.
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- methodrone
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 844
- Joined: 30 Apr 2009, 20:36
- Tyreese BIGGUMS
- God of Emptiness
- Posts: 592
- Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19
Re: anyone into portal?
people have tabbed out portal songs before, go on the rivers of gore forum. a lot of trem picking on the 7th and 8th strings
- Hallucinating dead
- Ancient One
- Posts: 3919
- Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
- Location: higher place
Re: anyone into portal?
I dont know about others, but i really liked it, its weirdness and the way it flows..
not everyone can write such thing, i dont understand the technicalities.. good riffs are good riffs.
not everyone can write such thing, i dont understand the technicalities.. good riffs are good riffs.
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
- deckard
- Metal God
- Posts: 12502
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: anyone into portal?
the production suits the music, this band is a vortex of pure fucking evil.
- zim
- Zim(a)
- Posts: 26909
- Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
- Location: couch
Re: anyone into portal?
[quote name="methodrone"]why should there be a rule?[/quote]
[quote name="Skinoperable"]nothing wrong with noise
[/quote]
i didn't mean to imply that there should be a rule. all i'm saying is that i want to hear all the instruments without them becoming a singular unintelligible noise.
this production simply ruins the music for me, it's difficult to comprehend what i'm hearing. better production would not hinder portal.
[quote name="Skinoperable"]nothing wrong with noise
i didn't mean to imply that there should be a rule. all i'm saying is that i want to hear all the instruments without them becoming a singular unintelligible noise.
this production simply ruins the music for me, it's difficult to comprehend what i'm hearing. better production would not hinder portal.
the dead vote well wrote: ↑18 Jun 2021, 04:22moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
- Holocaust
- Metal God
- Posts: 10733
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
- Location: Your mom
- Haunty
- Metal God
- Posts: 12225
- Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
- Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro
Re: anyone into portal?
[quote name="Skinoperable"]not enough sweeps?
[/quote]
too many notes
too many notes

Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
