anyone into portal?

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

anyone into portal?

Post by deckard »

[youtube]emrBZZtGFgI[/youtube]



:grimxx:
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by Devy »

[youtube]Y6ljFaKRTrI[/youtube]
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by deckard »

naughty devy :shake:
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by Devy »

It's still a good song Image
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by deckard »

Image
User avatar
Lavabug
Metal God
Posts: 7799
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 16:15
Location: An ocean of filth.

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by Lavabug »

yessir
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by droidspawn »

portal appreciationz :santa:
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by zim »

I haven't listened to much Portal but I heard a song the other day I liked. It reminded me of Heretic but the production really makes the song difficult to appreciate and that makes me sad.



[youtube]yDeP9hmOxh4[/youtube]
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
M.Bison
Ancient One
Posts: 2320
Joined: 10 May 2009, 02:46
Location: Scumbria

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by M.Bison »

Damn I always had these guys as a noise/SUNNO))) type outfit. Pretty cool stuff now I've actually bothered to listen properly. :santa:
Image
User avatar
Mutilator
Ancient One
Posts: 1578
Joined: 11 May 2009, 02:44
Location: Utrecht NL

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by Mutilator »

Nice musical approach, but the drummer is too weak in this band.
User avatar
agony bagony
Postwhore
Posts: 77363
Joined: 18 Apr 2009, 07:36

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by agony bagony »

i have given them a few listens but cant seem to get into them. however my first thought was what devy posted in which case :xx:
Skinfection wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2020, 20:08
super Jesus people
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by deckard »

this band is a vortex of evil
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by droidspawn »

stargazer is most :xx:
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by deckard »

link me!
droidspawn
I'd Rank That For $1
Posts: 49521
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 06:40
Location: to the depths, in degradation

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by droidspawn »

I have great work of ages, haven't checked out the first one yet.
User avatar
Olden Polynice
Ancient One
Posts: 1313
Joined: 06 Apr 2011, 05:46

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by Olden Polynice »

Writing a Portal tab would be almost impossible. :xx:
Image
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by Hallucinating dead »

great bands, thanks MABB and the blade runner duder who made the thread :xx: :xx:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
methodrone
God of Emptiness
Posts: 844
Joined: 30 Apr 2009, 20:36

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by methodrone »

[quote name="zim"]I haven't listened to much Portal but I heard a song the other day I liked. It reminded me of Heretic but the production really makes the song difficult to appreciate and that makes me sad.



[youtube]yDeP9hmOxh4[/youtube][/quote]





Are you being serious?
Image
User avatar
Holocaust
Metal God
Posts: 10733
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
Location: Your mom

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by Holocaust »

I dig me some Portal but I will listen to this Stargazer in the immediate future
Image
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by Hallucinating dead »

I liked that song the most Zim posted, i dont know why he dont like it :huh:
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by zim »

[quote name="methodrone"]
[quote name="zim"]I haven't listened to much Portal but I heard a song the other day I liked. It reminded me of Heretic but the production really makes the song difficult to appreciate and that makes me sad.



[youtube]yDeP9hmOxh4[/youtube][/quote]





Are you being serious?[/quote]



yes



i don't have a boner for terrible production.
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
methodrone
God of Emptiness
Posts: 844
Joined: 30 Apr 2009, 20:36

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by methodrone »

Saying that their music has poor production is completely missing the point, it's part of the whole disengrated music concept. Being a proclaimed avant garde metal fan I thought you might get that. So it might sound like poor production but ultimately is part of a bigger theme ,therefore perfect for their style.
Image
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by zim »

i had a feeling you said something like that. i understand what it's going for but that muddy sound just doesn't work for me. you can have good production and still capture that chaotic, dark atmosphere. there has to be a line between complete noise and something musical. i personally feel like portal is on that edge of almost complete noise at times.
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
methodrone
God of Emptiness
Posts: 844
Joined: 30 Apr 2009, 20:36

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by methodrone »

why should there be a rule?
Image
User avatar
Tyreese BIGGUMS
God of Emptiness
Posts: 592
Joined: 05 May 2009, 10:19

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by Tyreese BIGGUMS »

people have tabbed out portal songs before, go on the rivers of gore forum. a lot of trem picking on the 7th and 8th strings
User avatar
Hallucinating dead
Ancient One
Posts: 3919
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 15:06
Location: higher place

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by Hallucinating dead »

I dont know about others, but i really liked it, its weirdness and the way it flows.. :xx:

not everyone can write such thing, i dont understand the technicalities.. good riffs are good riffs.
..For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind..
User avatar
deckard
Metal God
Posts: 12502
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 03:34
Location: THE NORTH

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by deckard »

the production suits the music, this band is a vortex of pure fucking evil.
User avatar
zim
Zim(a)
Posts: 26909
Joined: 14 Apr 2009, 02:36
Location: couch

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by zim »

[quote name="methodrone"]why should there be a rule?[/quote]

[quote name="Skinoperable"]nothing wrong with noise :santa:[/quote]





i didn't mean to imply that there should be a rule. all i'm saying is that i want to hear all the instruments without them becoming a singular unintelligible noise.



this production simply ruins the music for me, it's difficult to comprehend what i'm hearing. better production would not hinder portal.
the dead vote well wrote: ↑
18 Jun 2021, 04:22
moving from a garbage disposal back to the dumpster but it’s an improvement nonetheless
User avatar
Holocaust
Metal God
Posts: 10733
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 07:03
Location: Your mom

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by Holocaust »

I dig when an album sounds like it's being played through an old phonograph :idea:
Image
User avatar
Haunty
Metal God
Posts: 12225
Joined: 16 Apr 2009, 01:28
Location: using Thibault to cancel out Capo Ferro

Re: anyone into portal?

Post by Haunty »

[quote name="Skinoperable"]not enough sweeps? :redneck:[/quote]



too many notes
Image



Need a new signature? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
Post Reply