Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Talk about the classic Dionysian passion. Post the genres, eras, albums and bands that whammy your bar. Try not to post gloryhole era threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Post by Devy »

[youtube]_dNxshHlp4w[/youtube]



He even takes the piss out of Yngwie during this :xx:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Post by Devy »

Yngwie would play a flawless 15 minute harmonic minor solo, to which Pablo would go *plays sweeps with arse*
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Post by Devy »

Played with his arse, followed by Gilberto Concerto :judge:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Post by Devy »

I've been having my spirit broken by Terrifying Guitar Trip for the past few days. The influx of guitar tuition videos on Youtube is fucking :xx:
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Hugo.
Metal God
Posts: 15495
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 10:05
Location: Ireland

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Post by Hugo. »

[quote name="Skinoperable"]even his pentatonic licks are difficult :homework:[/quote]



That string skipping one is tasty.
Image
User avatar
jawn galliano
Yahtzee Genius
Posts: 24044
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 04:24

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Post by jawn galliano »

i'm really glad the old website is still intact:



<!-- m -->http://www.paulgilbert.com/Judas_Prius.html<!-- m --> :thingy:
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Post by Devy »

*has page dedicated to japanese drink he doesn't like*
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
User avatar
Paste Human
Metal God
Posts: 6176
Joined: 30 Jan 2012, 07:29
Location: The American Sector

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Post by Paste Human »

Based on comments here I think I would enjoy this song a lot more if I actually played the guitar :homework:



On the other hand I used to live with a hard-on bearer who could play licks like that offhand. He said once you get the muscle memory for it it's actually pretty easy. I know Eric Friesen (RIP) of Windham Hell had the same thing to say about Malmsteen-esque leads, and he probably could have played circles around that dude.
Image
User avatar
Devy
Metal God
Posts: 8634
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 01:04

Re: Paul MOTHERFUCKING Gilbert

Post by Devy »

Perhaps this page from his website will help you fall in love with him <!-- m -->http://www.paulgilbert.com/Big_Shoes.html<!-- m -->
[quote name="ANGEL OF DESEASE"]He is going to paint with brown colour the name of Morbid Angel. The colour of the shit of course.[/quote]

[quote name="Ninny"]There was a whistling fat woman at the bus stop, I had to walk away[/quote]
Post Reply